Why is my calendar auto-accepting appointments?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
jpherron

Postby jpherron » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:18 am

I am a Zimbra user who started out with 4.5 and I've recently moved to 5.0. I also used to use a Windows Mobile with the Zimbra Mobile syncing, but I've mvoed away from that. I use Zimbra in a Mac (Leopard) environment, using the Zimbra Sync options to keep my iPhone, Mac, and Zimbra all in sync for calendaring and contacts. The reason I mention all this is that I'm having an odd situation and I can't figure out if the issue is within Zimbra, or related to some of the interaction with these other things.
Right now, any time someone send me an invitation, it is automatically added to my calendar, whether it's another zimbra user, or an Exchange user. This has worked well in the past, but I need to change this. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything in Zimbra that is making this happen, but even if I turn off syncing on my mac, it still happens. I'm wondering if there is some setting related to my now non-existent ActiveSync config that would cause this?

greenrenault
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby greenrenault » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:37 pm

This sounds like a bug, have you searched bugzilla? Bugzilla Main Page
jpherron

Postby jpherron » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 pm

I did search bugzilla but only found a bug that was for resource calendars rather than personal calendars, and it was a bug in which auto-accept was intended. Unless someone has a better idea soon, I'll submit it as a new bug.
16112rib

Postby 16112rib » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Numerous people with us are now having the same problem. There is an option in outlook to auto accept meetings, but this is not checked. This is added to the calender without opening it from within outlook.
jmxp

Postby jmxp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Has anybody found an answer to this? I'm finding it creates duplicate entries on blackberry when syncing. The only thing I've been able to do is delete CICAL in the service book, but then I get no option on whether to accept or decline on the blackberry.
steve.beeman

Postby steve.beeman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:31 pm

I'm actually looking for a way to auto-accept a single calender, i.e., I want to share a company wide calender with everyone but make it so they have no option, no email, and they auto accept it.
Auto accept calender doesn't seem to be available anywhere, and I don't specifically want to "bug" the system so it happens all the time.

Return to “Users”