no option to accept share

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
linuxese

Post by linuxese »

This is an odd one - an admin had created a share and sent it to a few users. All was fine. I received the invitation for the share but there was no option to accept the share. We found that the only way to see the option to accept the share was to switch from ajax/advanced to standard view, click on the message again - then everything worked fine.
This only affected my account and we tested my account in two different locations - different pc's. 1 running windows xp home w/latest updates (just last night), problem occured in firefox 2.x and I.E. 7.x
Any ideas?
Thanks.
p24t
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by p24t »

Welcome to the forums. What version are you running? If you don't know you can find out by entering "$set:get version" in the search box.
Have you tried shares sent from other people? Are you using the Reading Pane, or opening the message in a full window? Also, screenshots are always fun and helpful.
linuxese

Post by linuxese »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
Cool feature - suggestion though. It'd be nicer if the pop up box with the info had text you could highlight and copy :D instead of typing it out by hand.
5.0.5_GA_2201.RHEL5_64

release 20080417022213

build date 20080417-0233
linuxese

Post by linuxese »

"Have you tried shares sent from other people?"
Just from the one admin.
"Are you using the Reading Pane, or opening the message in a full window?"
Reading pane. Though I've seen it work there before on a previous install of zimbra. For some reason I can't open messages in a full window either but it seems to work for other users.
Also, screenshots are always fun and helpful.

- will do when I have a minute
p24t
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by p24t »

Sounds like it might be this:
Bug 26029 - Accept/Decline buttons not appearing for calendar share
Feel free to sign up with the bugzilla and vote for it!
dustys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dustys »

We are having this same issue with a new account on our system. We're on 5.0.15. It isn't very many of our accounts that it affects (two that I'm aware of), but the other account has had this issue since 4.5.x. Usually going into the standard client allows the user to accept the share and then switch back.
DJS