I miss the "Get Mail" button

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
oayfer

Post by oayfer »

Having recently upgraded our own deployment to ZCS 8.0, I am very happy with the developments, with one exception. Having used Zimbra since version 5, I had formed a habit of clicking the "Get Mail" button as a way to get back to my inbox, scroll to the newest messages and refresh all with one click. With this button gone, I am experiencing some withdrawal symptoms.
Does simply clicking on "Inbox" produce the same result, even if I'm already viewing the Inbox? In other words, do I get a cached version of my inbox if I'm already there, or is a refresh forced along with scrolling to the newest message?
Thanks for your help with my addiction.
918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 918jjohnson »

[quote user="oayfer"]

Does simply clicking on "Inbox" produce the same result, even if I'm already viewing the Inbox? In other words, do I get a cached version of my inbox if I'm already there, or is a refresh forced along with scrolling to the newest message?

[/QUOTE]
Clicking on "Inbox" does re-run the Inbox search and resets scrolling and selection. If you have check new mail set to "as new mail arrives", then there's never a need to 'refresh' the list of messages from the server, otherwise the list of messages will update according to whatever setting you've configured. Hope this helps.
oayfer

Post by oayfer »

[quote user="918jjohnson"]Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Yes it does; thanks!