Can I receive and send Zimbra mail from my Gmail?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
2013august30

Post by 2013august30 »

The school I'm going to uses Zimbra and I'd like to receive and send zimbra mail from my gmail. Is this possible? Thank you
15337Raunaq
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 15337Raunaq »

Hello

Why do you want to recieve your Zimbra Emails on Gmail.Its not a "I want to tweet on Facebook" kind of thing.But yes you can forward your Zimbra Emails to Gmail.How can you send it From GMail ? I don't know.
2013august30

Post by 2013august30 »

[quote user="15337Raunaq"]Hello

Why do you want to recieve your Zimbra Emails on Gmail.Its not a "I want to tweet on Facebook" kind of thing.But yes you can forward your Zimbra Emails to Gmail.How can you send it From GMail ? I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Well no offense to you guys here but the interface is lacking, don't care for the functionality etc. just prefer gmail to Zimbra. Not to mention if I could receive and send all my emails from gmail I could save time by only having one account to log into
15337Raunaq
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 15337Raunaq »

None taken.Its your personal choice and I respect that.As I said ,You can forward all your mails to gmail.
12140kapplebaum

Post by 12140kapplebaum »

Zimbra can certainly forward all your mail to your gmail account -- the exact instructions will vary with the version you are using, but in mine it's Preferences > Mail > Forward a copy to.
For sending mail with your school account via gmail, your school can give you the SMTP settings if they allow that. Then follow the instructions at Sending mail from a different address - Google Apps Help to set up your gmail.
al-siput

Post by al-siput »

Setup external account at your Gmail (use POP/SMTP and authenticate).