How to subscribe to distribution list?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
ilsa

Post by ilsa »

Hi,
We've recently updated to 8.0.7 (from 7.2.7), and one of the features that caught my eye was the enhancements to distribution list. We have been using mailman for our distribution lists, but if zimbra can permit users to subscribe to lists, then we don't need a separate tool anymore.
The only problem is, for the life of me I can't figure out how to subscribe. I've created a new empty distribution list, no owner. I configured it to automatically accept new subscribe and unsubscribe requests.
....now what? I've found a plethora of documentation on Dynamic lists that are updated from LDAP, but so far I haven't found so much as a single sentence explaining how a user is supposed to subscribe.
I'm at a completely loss, and not a little bit frustrated that something that should logically be so easy, is turning out to be so difficult.
ilsa

Post by ilsa »

o/~Neeever miiiiind.... o/~
I finally found it. I had to explicitly search the GAL to find it. I was expecting to be able to browse somewhere and just find it.
There really needs to be a way to browse the GAL. It would be amazingly useful to be able to just get a list of all subscribe-able distribution lists.
mrajaret2000

Post by mrajaret2000 »

Kindly share some details regarding .. how to subscribe to a Distribution list?
FAGORDON

Re: How to subscribe to distribution list?

Post by FAGORDON »

and yet ? how does a regular user have the opportunity to subscribe to a Distribution list ?

the instructions say
Subscribing to a Distribution List
You can subscribe to a distribution list if you know the name of the list and you are given the option to subscribe to the list, meaning it is open to new subscriptions. If the distribution list is not open to subscriptions, you must send an email message to the owner of the list and ask to be added.
FAGORDON

Re: How to subscribe to distribution list?

Post by FAGORDON »

it is strange that the description of such functionality, to look for in the afternoon with fire