wish list

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
avisser

wish list

Post by avisser »

first let me say this is a great product
- a working dialog that shows something is happening. I have had a few people complain that some actions are slow, but they wouldn't mind if there was a working dialog

- a quota column in the account view so the administrator can see who is getting close to and who is over their quota

- be able to hit shift+tab to go backwards in the tab order

- have an option to deliver tagged spam to the person's inbox, so POP only users don't have to use the web interface to see their junk folder. They can use the tag to filter within their mail client

that's all for now :D
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

wish list

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="avisser"]first let me say this is a great product
- a working dialog that shows something is happening. I have had a few people complain that some actions are slow, but they wouldn't mind if there was a working dialog

- a quota column in the account view so the administrator can see who is getting close to and who is over their quota

- be able to hit shift+tab to go backwards in the tab order

- have an option to deliver tagged spam to the person's inbox, so POP only users don't have to use the web interface to see their junk folder. They can use the tag to filter within their mail client

that's all for now :D[/QUOTE]
1) We are going to add a *busy* type notification for long running searches/commands.
2) We can look at adding this.
3) We already add a spam header. You'd just need to disable the filter that currently moves those messages to the Junk folder.
avisser

wish list

Post by avisser »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]1) We are going to add a *busy* type notification for long running searches/commands.
2) We can look at adding this.
3) We already add a spam header. You'd just need to disable the filter that currently moves those messages to the Junk folder.[/QUOTE]

3) Great, where do I find the filter to disable it?
mintra
Advanced member
Advanced member

wish list

Post by mintra »

I would also like to be able to remove this filter. We have tested Zimbra

and it is this inability to forward tagged spam for pop users which means we will continue to ship ensim single user.
Where is it?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

wish list

Post by 14319KevinH »

liyingchang

wish list

Post by liyingchang »

I noticed a problem sort of related to notification slowness (well I guess it depends on how it's implemented):
When deleting a folder I created, I noticed that most of the time it takes a while for it to disapear (depending on the polling time option, which is 2 mins the shortest I believe). When I used Outlook Web Access and other kind of web email clients, I noticed that their response time to this kind of action was much faster.
Is this something you guys are working on ?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

wish list

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="liyingchang"]I noticed a problem sort of related to notification slowness (well I guess it depends on how it's implemented):
When deleting a folder I created, I noticed that most of the time it takes a while for it to disapear (depending on the polling time option, which is 2 mins the shortest I believe). When I used Outlook Web Access and other kind of web email clients, I noticed that their response time to this kind of action was much faster.
Is this something you guys are working on ?[/QUOTE]
Yes we wait for the server to confirm the change. We'll take a look and see if this can be sync'd right away. If you click somewhere else like refresh the inbox is should happen right away (as that is a new server request), did you try that? Or do you always just wait to see when it will go away by itself?
liyingchang

wish list

Post by liyingchang »

I was waiting to see how responsive it was in this case comparing to other web clients such as OWA. Yes, I definitely noticed that when actively using the GUI the confirmation came back within acceptable amount of time.
Just a suggestion to consider improving confirmation time in this case. I was reading some articles and noticed that your SOAP response does piggyback notifications and it can probably be used in this case (in the same frame of the response to the delete request, you might be able to piggyback the confirmation message, just a thought)
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

wish list

Post by 14319KevinH »

Yep we piggyback in all cases. Your delete was to the trash? Or how did you do the delete?
liyingchang

wish list

Post by liyingchang »

hmmm... thanks a lot for your info, I could've sworn that the deleted folder was staying shown but doesn't seem to happen anymore. I will pay more attention as to how to reproduce it... if I can.
thanks !