smtp access to network

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
changux

smtp access to network

Post by changux »

Hi all.

I need configure mozilla thunderbird as mail client (imap/smtp), imap is ok, but when i try send mail receive a error message. I think that the problem is easy, my network or ip address is not in the "mynetwork" postfix array.

I see in the /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/master.cf the lines:

[...]

-o mynetworks_style=host

-o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8

[...]
When i add my network (172.28.0.0/16) to "mynetworks", i restart the zimbra suite and the mta does not send/receive mails.
After modify the line:
-o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8 172.28.0.0/16
The only solution by now is delete my network setting and restart the zimbra suite (default value).

How i can add my network address to allow clients to send and receive mails?
I have version 3.0.0_GA_156.RHEL4 Feb 6, 2006 over centos 4.2.
Many thanks,
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

smtp access to network

Post by marcmac »

zmprov mcf zimbraMtaMyNetworks "127.0.0.0/8 172.28.0.0/16"

postfix stop

postfix start
evulfun

smtp access to network

Post by evulfun »

I've tried using the commands below and cannot seem to change the mynetworks field. I have to add 5 or 6 relays for my remote locations that have different subnets and IP's.
evulfun

smtp access to network

Post by evulfun »

Some further info:
After typing in the command, I can see the change if I look at the main.cf file. But the if I type in postconf -d mynetworks command, the changes never take affect. I've stoped and started both postfix itself and all of Zimbra.
yetdog

smtp access to network

Post by yetdog »

[quote user="evulfun"]Some further info:
After typing in the command, I can see the change if I look at the main.cf file. But the if I type in postconf -d mynetworks command, the changes never take affect. I've stoped and started both postfix itself and all of Zimbra.[/QUOTE]
I concur. It worked the first time, but of course fat finger me, I typo'd it so I need to enter another network in, and now, even though it's in main.cf, postconf -d mynetworks doesn't want to work...