Support for Office 2007 file extensions?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
jhoelz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jhoelz »

Files with extensions created by Office 2007 will not doenload from the server, how do I make these work? (xlsx, docx etc....)
530randall
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 530randall »

[quote user="jhoelz"]Files with extensions created by Office 2007 will not doenload from the server, how do I make these work? (xlsx, docx etc....)[/QUOTE]
what do you mean will not download? I'm pretty sure you can download it but you can't open it.
Those are proprietary files of M$. If you don't have Office 2007, you can't open it. I think you can download from M$ site a reader of those file type.
Hope this helps....
davew43

Post by davew43 »

:confused:
If there is an attachment in the ext of docx, when you try to "open it" its treated as a zip file. However, if you "download" it, then when windows asks save? or open? if you open it from there its recognized as an office file.
Or at least i just discovered this problem.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Vote here: Bug 20689 - Need to support new MS Office 2007 format extensions
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Rich Graves »

.docx works for me in 5.0.2 NE. I don't have any .xlsx or .pptx files. "view as html" works too.
Zimbra trusts the MIME type sent by the client. If the webmail user or RFC822 message responsible for getting the attachment to Zimbra in the first place tagged it with the wrong MIME type, then the wrong MIME type will be reported by ZWC at download time. .docx should be Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
fnollet

Post by fnollet »

[quote user="Rich Graves"]Zimbra trusts the MIME type sent by the client. If the webmail user or RFC822 message responsible for getting the attachment to Zimbra in the first place tagged it with the wrong MIME type, then the wrong MIME type will be reported by ZWC at download time. .docx should be Content-Type: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document[/QUOTE]
So if I understand this correctly: as long as IE7 sees a .dotx file as a .zip file, Zimbra will not correct this and the behaviour stays the same?
jareep
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jareep »

Anyone else have a solution to try? I'm running:

Release 5.0.16_GA_2921.UBUNTU8_64 UBUNTU8_64 NETWORK edition and using Firefox 3.0.11 on a Windows machine. If I send a docx to another user on our network, the View As Html opens it as a zip file. All users using the same setup. I checked the ZmMimeTypes.js file and all the associated MIME type lines are already included. Thought or ideas on how to get this working?