GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
blazeking
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by blazeking »

Is there a way to disable certain fields from showing (like the UID)?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2574/419 ... e968_o.jpg />
jummo
Advanced member
Advanced member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by jummo »

[quote user="blazeking"]Is there a way to disable certain fields from showing (like the UID)?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2574/419 ... e968_o.jpg />[/QUOTE]
Also interested.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by uxbod »

Sorry to bring this one up again but it is very pertinent to what I am working on at present. We are migrating a client from Exchange to ZCS 6.0.4 soon as they have around 2000+ contacts. We intend to store them in our own external LDAP server. I understand that a additional GAL sync can be created to point at the external LDAP but would the client be able to update it from ZCS or do we need to provide a alternative mechanism that would change the LDAP directly ?
padraig
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by padraig »

Is it possible to automate this so users automatically see the shared GAL?
[quote user="15539sam"]can't resist ... great chance to show off enhancement 7473. If you share the contact folder(s) in the GAL sync account with a DL, members of that DL can discover the share in their sharing preferences.[/QUOTE]
padraig
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by padraig »

How do you set zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageToNewMembers to TRUE

or is it set by default?
SPF

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by SPF »

Its nice to finally be able to scroll through GAL in the "Select Addresses" window, but.. I was hoping for a bit more in terms of improvement here.
1. Users still can't view the members of GAL Distribution Lists? Even if you add your galsync account's address book as a share, you can't see who the group members of the GAL's Distribution Lists are. At least I can't. Come on now.
2. Mine will only display 50 at a time, no matter what I enter for "Most results returned by GAL search". I can put 100 or 500 in there, but it still only returns 50 max at a time?
EDIT: 3. My 3rd gripe and personal pet peeve - the GAL's Distribution Lists *still* have the same "single user" icon next to them that the Users have. They should have the "group" icon like you see for the DLs you make in your personal Contacts list. Having the same icon for both users and groups is wicked annoying.
emiro
Advanced member
Advanced member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by emiro »

[quote user="15539sam"]can't resist ... great chance to show off enhancement 7473. If you share the contact folder(s) in the GAL sync account with a DL, members of that DL can discover the share in their sharing preferences.[/QUOTE]
Aren't you missing a step? Its been my limited experience with this, that you have to share it with the DL then "Publish" the share from within the DL's edit screen. The sending of links to new people is a really nice touch. :)
halley
Advanced member
Advanced member

GAL Browsing in 6.0

Post by halley »

thanks this fix my problem... a update from 5.0.9 for 6.0.6 and not create automatic a user galsync@domain, this work fine! thanks!