Problem with conversation view

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
m3chen

Post by m3chen »

Hi Zimbra Community!
I'm having some trouble with the conversation view as it seems to be grouping unrelated emails together. One particular issue I'm having is when another person sends me an email with no subject, it seems to get grouped together with other emails with no subject. Is there anyway to break a single conversation thread in Zimbra?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Marvin
SiliconJunkie
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by SiliconJunkie »

I'm seeing this same behavior. Any remedies?
boblin
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by boblin »

Same issue :-(
trauntop

Post by trauntop »

I observe the same behavior, but I'm more annoyed that I can't have conversations grouped by Message-ID's and References or In-Reply-To header. It breaks conversations in a lot of mailing lists for me.
It should be configurable whether to have conversations by Subject or Message-ID.
SandL

Post by SandL »

Im having the same issues as others. Its appending a new email named "Samples", to some very old already filed away in seperate folders emails named "Samples" .
Has there been a fix to this?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="SandL"] Has there been a fix to this?[/QUOTE]Has there ever been a bug report or RFE filed for it? Go to bugzilla and do a search, if there's no bu or RFE filed then file one - that's the correct place.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
SandL

Post by SandL »

sorry kinda new to bugzilla. not sure even what to search for. i tried searching "conversation view zimbra" and got over 200 finds?

any suggestions.
pasbag

Re: Problem with conversation view

Post by pasbag »

You can check

Code: Select all

zimbraMailThreadingAlgorithm
base on your `class of service` or `account`

zmprov -l gc default zimbraMailThreadingAlgorithm
zmprov -l ga admin@<YOUR-DOMAIN> zimbraMailThreadingAlgorithm
More info about zimbraMailThreadingAlgorithm

<attr id="1160" name="zimbraMailThreadingAlgorithm" type="enum" value="subject,subjrefs,references,strict,none" cardinality="single" optionalIn="account,cos" flags="accountInherited,domainAdminModifiable" since="8.0.0">
  <defaultCOSValue>references</defaultCOSValue>
  <defaultCOSValueUpgrade>subject</defaultCOSValueUpgrade>
  <desc>
    The algorithm to use when aggregating new messages into conversations.
    Possible values are:
      - "none": no conversation threading is performed.
      - "subject": the message will be threaded based solely on its normalized subject.
      - "strict": only the threading message headers (References, In-Reply-To, Message-ID,
         and Resent-Message-ID) are used to correlate messages.  No checking of normalized
         subjects is performed.
      - "references": the same logic as "strict" with the constraints slightly altered so
        that the non-standard Thread-Index header is considered when threading messages and
        that a reply message lacking References and In-Reply-To headers will fall back to
        using subject-based threading.
      - "subjrefs": the same logic as "references" with the further caveat that changes
        in the normalized subject will break a thread in two.
  </desc>
</attr>