Recover mail for individual users from .ibd file.

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
pnunn

Post by pnunn »

Hi folks,
we have an issues here where we had a hardware failure that resulted in a new hard disks being installed and a new zimbra system being run up.
I have the data from the old disks and have a few users who's mail I need to get back. The new system is using a later version of ZImbra and the normal recovery things don't seem to be playing happily and neither does trying to add the data into a VM with the old version running on it. The old version is 5.0.14.
I'd be happy just to get them back as mbox or any other format that I can then inject into the new system, or run up some virtual machine and sync it across.
I do have the entire opt directory from the old system if that helps.
Thanks.
Peter.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by uxbod »

Welcome to the forums :)
If you have the complete directory then under /opt/zimbra/store you should fine all the .msg files which you can inject back into the system using zmlmtpinject.
pnunn

Post by pnunn »

uxbod thank you for your welcome and your response...

I do indeed have the .msg files now that I look for them (on the original backup I was looking at the files did not get transfered for some reason, but they are still on the original disks from the dead machine).
Thank you again, I will now get the data back and have a happy client.
Peter.