Always show BCC field when composing?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
altwohill

Post by altwohill »

We use BCC extensively and since upgrading to 8.5.1 we've noticed the link to show the BCC field has moved to now be a two-click process (Options->Show BCC), instead of just one.
Is it possible to set a preference to always show the BCC field?
Fabio S. Schmidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Fabio S. Schmidt »

Hi altwohill,

AFAIK there is no way to force to always show the BCC field in Zimbra. Let me know if you find something about it.
JoshJohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by JoshJohnson »

This was noted as a deficiency in 8.5, so a change was made in 8.6 so the setting persists for the user's session. https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=93342

There's also an outstanding enhancement request to make the setting persist across sessions.

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=95614
KGHN

Re: Always show BCC field when composing?

Post by KGHN »

This is really needed. I just did an embarassing major OOPS by "edit as new" of a message I had sent to myself with mass recipients in the BCC. I removed my name, entered the address of the person I wanted it to go to. In my inbox, I promptly got bouncebacks from the BCC list and had that sinking feeling. I did not intend to send my friend's contact info to a list of strangers, or to bother that list with a re-send of the original info, now personalized for my friend. All because when I checked the message before sending, I couldn't see that the BCC was populated - it wasn't displayed and I only use it occasionally. I'm kicking myself and missing Eudora...