size exceeded report ends up in Personal Items

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
lethargos

size exceeded report ends up in Personal Items

Post by lethargos »

Hi,

Outlook 2007 behaves really weird on Zimbra accounts when you send an e-mail that exceeds the maximum limit. First it says that it can't connect to the server (The message cannot be saved to your IMAP e-mail account Sent Items folder, because Outlook is offline or the e-mail server doesn't allow items to be saved to the Sent Items folder), which I'm guessing it's normal. Then I close the window and there's nothing else, until I have to look in the Inbox in the Personal Folders where I have an e-mail called "Undeliverable: e-mail subject" from System Administrator.

Then problem with this e-mail is that it contains the attachment itself which it didn't let me send in the first place. And that's the reason why it remains in the Personal Items. So I'm not receiving a simple text e-mail, I get the e-mail + attachment, which I find... idiotic, to say the least.

Any ideas how I get can get rid of this and get a simple text report telling me that the mail couldn't be sent because of the mail size? The problem is that users don't notice it and they think that the e-mail was sent.