Thunderbird/Lightning Calendar: Cannot Accept/Decline Appoints + Weird Behaviour

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
stringers

Thunderbird/Lightning Calendar: Cannot Accept/Decline Appoints + Weird Behaviour

Post by stringers »

Hi all,

Trying to connect a Lightning Calendar instance (via Thunderbird) to my personal calendar on a Zimbra server (which I also administer, 8.8.15). I am getting some broken/downright weird functionality:
  • - When recieving an invitation, hitting accept breaks, generally with an 80004005 error.
    - If I navigate to the Lightning tab BEFORE opening the email, the invitation becomes "confirmed", which then gives me the option to edit the entry but not to confirm/deny attendance. In Lightning it also adds my first alias as an attendee to the meeting.
I'd be really keen to get this working as I love Thunderbird for searching emails over Outlook, so I would appreciate any tips re: settings or setup.

I have so far tried messing with the Prefer client side scheduling option in Thuderbird with no result.

Happy to provide logs/configs etc, just direct me.

Thanks!

PS. If anyone can suggest any alternative programs (not outlook) I'd love to hear them ;)
353gregor
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Thunderbird/Lightning Calendar: Cannot Accept/Decline Appoints + Weird Behaviour

Post by 353gregor »

I'm also interessted in this request because we have the same problem on our machines.
omwebstyle

Re: Thunderbird/Lightning Calendar: Cannot Accept/Decline Appoints + Weird Behaviour

Post by omwebstyle »

Hi @353gregor and @stringers, as we're seeing the exact same behaviour (with Zimbra 9 + Thunderbird 78.5.0), I just wanted to ask you I you found a workaround to this issue in the mean time.

It seems to be related to this bug (open since April 2013): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=865726, but as there are about 2000 other bugs open for the Thunderbird Calendar Module (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cg ... id&limit=0), a kind of workaround directly implanted on Zimbra-level would probably be a better/faster way to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your feedback & kind regards, Olivier