Filters not working

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
AlessandroCappelli

Filters not working

Post by AlessandroCappelli »

I have set up several filters but they have not worked for a few months. They only work if I activate them one by one in the preferences tab. Even if I select all the filters and hit the run button they don't work. They only work if I throw them one by one or at most two or three together.
Damini Vashishtha
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Re: Filters not working

Post by Damini Vashishtha »

At the top of the Create Filter dialog is an Active check box. Make sure to check this box to turn on the filter rule. (You can uncheck the Active box if you do not want a rule to run.)

Also FYI,
Check Do not process additional filters, if this is the only filter to be run on messages that meet the conditions of this filter. The Do not process additional filters action should be the last action within each filter rule. This prevents the application of any additional filter rules to email messages that match the current rule.

Note: If it is not specified, subsequent filter rules are evaluated for the mail message, even if the current filter is a match. You probably do not want to have the same message match more than one filter rule and undergo multiple, perhaps contradictory actions.

If you still face any issue then please let us know with examples of filters(with options) you are trying to adding .