How to use Modern UI

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
MKersloot

How to use Modern UI

Post by MKersloot »

Hi,

after using Zimbra for ages and avoiding the Modern UI, I feel I have to take a step forward in this. But I'm struggling with some issues that I don't understand and hopefully someone can put me on the right path.

First one: How does threading work? If I enable this, there is only one row in the mailbox list pane and if I click on this, the preview pane shows all messages in a sort of collapseable list. The ordering of this seems to be newest at the bottom? How can I select individual messages to archive these in a folder? As the threading is not always on spot (understatement) this is really needed for me and this on it's own makes the modern UI unusable as my daily driver for now.

I hope I misunderstand how I should work with the Modern UI or I'm missing a setting to fix this, so.... help?
pkhairnar
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Re: How to use Modern UI

Post by pkhairnar »

Hi,
View Email Messages by Conversation in modern UI works as follows:
In the Conversation view your messages are grouped to make it easier to follow the thread of an emails. A conversation thread begins when you send or receive an email and then send or receive subsequent replies and forwards based on the original email. The subject displays only once in your Inbox, and the number of email messages in the conversation is shown. Conversations containing unread messages are shown in bold with a orange dot to the left of the sender’s name.

Conversations can span folders. For example, one could be in your Inbox, another in your Sent folder, and others in another folder. If you move a conversation from one folder to another, all messages within that conversation are also moved to that folder. Messages in the Sent folder and in the Trash folder are not moved.

To create a new conversation thread, you must create a new message, not reply to or forward an existing message.
Email messages in your mailbox can be organized by the date a message is received and by Conversation.

Change the Message View :
Go to settings icon -> Settings -> Viewing Emails to configure your settings for viewing -> uncheck Enable conversations

Useful link for modern UI navigations: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Navigating ... rn_Web_App

I hope above information is useful to you.. Thanks
Last edited by pkhairnar on Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
joshua.landsman
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by joshua.landsman »

Hi -- to toggle between conversation and message views, you can also open the sorting dropdown above the message list and click "Group by conversation" to check of uncheck that.
jsojitra
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by jsojitra »

>> How can I select individual messages to archive these in a folder? As the threading is not always on spot (understatement) this is really needed for me and this on it's own makes the modern UI unusable as my daily driver for now.

I agree with you, we don't have feature to archive individual message and can't expand/collapse individual messages in mail list view in modern client unlike classic client. We have existing tickets to track this feature.