Cannot specify meeting organizer in Outlook

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
steeef

Post by steeef »

We've been running Zimbra 6 in a split domain configuration pretty successfully. The default domain is set to zhost.domainname.com, but our email addresses are primarily domainname.com.
To deal with this, I've made sure every account has a corresponding alias (e.g., accountname@zhost.domainname.com has alias accountname@domainname.com). Additionally, I set the Canonical Address in each account to accountname@domainname.com. This works great for most things (sending emails from external clients, the web client, and from Outlook 2007 using ZCO).
However, we've run into an issue I can't seem to resolve. When using Outlook 2007 to send invitations to external addresses, the meeting's organizer is listed as accountname@zhost.domainname.com, which unfortunately does not work outside our domain. I've tried various things to resolve this, like setting up separate personas or setting our gateway MTA to rewrite email addresses, but it looks like the organizer's address is separate from any email headers. There's got to be an easier way to deal with this than rewriting the body of the email.
I've tested this in the web client, and the meeting's organizer is correctly set to the address I specified in Canonical Address. This issue seems to be limited to Outlook using ZCO. Any help?
steeef

Post by steeef »

Any help on this? I can't seem to find an easy way to fix this.
ok@teamix.de

Post by ok@teamix.de »

Hey, we have the same problem here, but for us it's even worse. My sales-guys refuse to sell any Zimbra Licenses until their Outlook Connector gets fixed.
To be more technical: Yes, all Email-headers, from-fields etc are correctly rewritten in Outlook if using Personas. But not the Meeting-Organizer WITHIN the ical invitation. We tried all the settings we could find. The Zimbra webinterface works fine now that we manually specified the from-adresses, but not ZCO
steeef

Post by steeef »

Yeah, still haven't found any fix for this, short of renaming accounts, but that affects quite a few areas, and were pretty well-entrenched in using Zimbra via different methods.
I'm opening a support ticket for help.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

Would it be possible to replace your aliases with single-member distribution lists? This has been an effective workaround for a similar problem with CalDAV clients.
Alternatively, if I understand correctly, maybe you could set up an mx record for zhost.domainname.com.
steeef

Post by steeef »

I'm not looking to do any hacks that I have to support later, but yeah, for now it sounds like adding an MX record is the best solution.
msteamix

Post by msteamix »

I filed a bug report as I could not see one already filed. We also opened a ticket for it.
Bug 46195 – wrong meeting organisator in split domain configuration
Please vote for it, if you want to see this fixed.
steeef

Post by steeef »

Thanks! Vote cast.