Hanging on "Loading Profile"

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
balocco

Post by balocco »

[quote user="fsiegel"]So balocco -- I need more specifics on your problem. Does it crash, does it hang? If you enable zco logging, do log files get generated? If not, did you generate a core dump? [There's a link to that in an earlier post in this thread]. Does it happen on every machine or just a few, and is it only an Outlook 2010 issue?[/QUOTE]
Hi fsiegel, Outlook does not crash, it hangs. That's an Outlook 2010 issue, never had problems with 2003 or 2007. I tried with several machines, always the same issue. I also tried with 6.0.9 and 7 release of connector.
I'll try to post zco logs or core dump as soon as I can.
Thanks.
Edit: please find attached zco logs. ok.zip is log without shared address book; add.zip is log about adding a shared folder to Outlook address book; err.zip is log about Outlook hanging on loading profile

Hope to post soon core dump
add.zip
error.zip
ok.zip
shua

Post by shua »

checking with this client to see if the version 7 fixes these issues..
jfmoore

Post by jfmoore »

I seem to have developed the same problem with my Outlook 2010 ZCO installation. So far it is only impacting my system but I am growing a little concerned about whether it will hit some of the installations that we have already implemented (30+ user implementations).
Outlook 2010 just started doing this. I have uninstalled the connector/profile and resetup and still it seems to hang. After about 5 minutes I am able to get into Outlook after I did the reinstalls of the ZCO. Prior to that Outlook 2010 would just hang indefinitely.
Details:

Client: 6.0.6058.8

Server: 6.03_GA_1915.UBUNTU8

Outlook version: 14.0.5128.5000 (32-bit)

Windows 7 64-Bit
I have no shares in place with any other users.
One thing that did worry me originally was that I had the Zimbra profile with the connector in use for my account and it worked fine. Over the weekend I temporarily added an IMAP account to the profile to check my gmail so I could do some tests. When I was done my test I removed the gmail (IMAP) account and shutdown. The next time I started Outlook was when this first happened. Thinking that that GMAIL IMAP account was the cause, I uninstalled the connector, removed the Zimbra Profile and reinstalled the connector. The Hanging Profile still seems to occur.
jfmoore

Post by jfmoore »

Testing zco 6.0.13 (beta?). I will let everyone know my results.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

If you have a ZCO log file, that would help. I assume there will be no core dump, although you can generate one on a hang. Any issue with a proxy server? That looked like the issue in balocco's previous post.
jfmoore

Post by jfmoore »

[quote user="fsiegel"]If you have a ZCO log file, that would help. I assume there will be no core dump, although you can generate one on a hang. Any issue with a proxy server? That looked like the issue in balocco's previous post.[/QUOTE]
My early tests are that 6.0.13 seems to be improving the startup issues. I have had a few (new) crashes since that time that I need to troubleshoot further. I will try to get a zco log file...
jfmoore

Post by jfmoore »

[quote user="fsiegel"]If you have a ZCO log file, that would help. I assume there will be no core dump, although you can generate one on a hang. Any issue with a proxy server? That looked like the issue in balocco's previous post.[/QUOTE]
I have attached a Zimbra log file.
What was interesting was that I watched the file size of the log file as it was being created and just as I started Outlook 2010 the log filesize jumped to about 9.2K and then it sat there while the Loading Profile was displayed and did not change until Outlook 2010 got past that step about a minute or more later. Then the file size jumped to 800K+.
zco-apr20i--20110420T112920.508-OUTLOOK.EXE-2776.log
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

I wouldn't worry too much about when the log file gets updated. But since you said you had a crash, is there a core dump in %TEMP%zco-cores?
jfmoore

Post by jfmoore »

[quote user="fsiegel"]I wouldn't worry too much about when the log file gets updated. But since you said you had a crash, is there a core dump in %TEMP%zco-cores?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, no there is not. The crash came when I was testing the 6.0.13 zco.
I have moved back to 6.0.8 and this is where I am getting that very long delay in starting Outlook. Can you see anything in that LOG file that I attached in my previous post that indicates why we would be experiencing that delay?