Outlook Connector Question

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
sclough

Post by sclough »

I know an Outlook connector is going to be available later, but I have a question about licensing. Say I am installing the standard version of Zimbra for 50 clients, and only 10 need the Outlook connector. Will I be able to purchase 10 Outlook connectors or network licenses to cover those users and still support the server myself, or would I have to purchase 50 licenses? I guess I'm wondering if the Outlook connector will be available on a per user basis or if you have to license the entire server. In my scenario I would not be expecting any server side support, just the connector that would let users access Zimbra via Outlook.
12647cwallace

Post by 12647cwallace »

Bump! I am also interested in this type of setup.
13445raj
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13445raj »

as of what i know you cannot split like that ..work around would be to run 2 dieerent servers

1) network version - fully suported users with outlook connector and all the stuff

2) open source version - for all users who dont need all that and happy to use webclient
just my thoughts

Raj
nepenthe

Post by nepenthe »

I'm interested in this setup too.
We have about 1500 users but I estimate only 50 will want Outlook Connector.
I'd be happy to pay more than $30/license for these 50 people, but will need everyone on one server (so calendaring can be shared).
Is it likely that this will be offered as an option? It seems like many places will have this setup.
Having to buy 1500 licenses would mean:

1500 * $28 = $42000, - we are currently being offered Exchange @ $20 a seat. Also at $42K we'd be in the range of a MiraPoint server which includes all redundant hardware and installation and an Outlook connnector (though their web interface is terrible).