Outlook Connector Error

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
sgcowgill

Outlook Connector Error

Post by sgcowgill »

Hi guys,
I just finished installing the Outlook connector on my machine. After setting up the profile I receive the following error when I attempt to start Outlook.
"Error in registry for "Exchange Extensions;?". The syntax or format of the registry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for this extension to toher extensions in ther registry."
I did a registry search on "Exchange Extensions" and came up with HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftExchangeClientExtensions. The value for the Exchange Extensions key is a non-ASCII character. That is obviously wrong.
I am assuming that this is where the Zimbra Exchange extension is supposed to go. Can you supply me the data for the key?
Thanks

Steve
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Outlook Connector Error

Post by 15539sam »

Interesting...we dont install any exchange extensions or com add-ins. You can get a log of what the installer does by first uninstalling, then from the command line run the installer with -l ie
ZimbraOlkConnector_3.0.670.msi -l install_log.txt
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Outlook Connector Error

Post by phoenix »

sgcowgill wrote:
I am assuming that this is where the Zimbra Exchange extension is supposed to go. Can you supply me the data for the key?
Thanks

Steve
That's an MS Office problem that's corrected by installing SP1, do you have that installed? Have a look at this MS article for a resolution, you just need to delete the Exchange Extensions key.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
7323graffiti
Advanced member
Advanced member

Outlook Connector Error

Post by 7323graffiti »

OT: where can I find Zimbra Outlook plugin? I take a look at http://www.zimbra.com/community/downloads.php but no luck.
-g
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Outlook Connector Error

Post by 15539sam »

ping sales _at_ zimbra.com
sgcowgill

Outlook Connector Error

Post by sgcowgill »

I was able to install it successfully on another machine. Thanks for the feedback. I will perform the Office fix on the test machine.
Thanks much for the feedback.
Stee
manthrax3

Outlook Connector Error

Post by manthrax3 »

The Outlook connector works great, but it syncs some folders that I don't really think are necessary at this time:
Journal

Notes

Sync Issues

Tasks
I know what these do, but I don't like seeing them in the zimbra web client if the features aren't supported the way they were designed. Any way to filter?
Thanks,

bp
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Outlook Connector Error

Post by 15539sam »

Of Journal, Notes, Sync Issues and Tasks, the only one that really is irrelevant is Journal.
The server supports Notes, but we don't yet support them in the outlook connector.
In Sync Issues the Conflicts folder is important. If there are every any conflicts during sync, the conflicts folder will be used for conflict resolution.
In the future, the server and connector will support tasks.
If you delete the Journal folder via the web client, it will be deleted in Outlook. If you hit some outlook functionality that requires it, Outlook may crash.