zimbra with outlook

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
630virginia

zimbra with outlook

Post by 630virginia »

hi!i'm trying to connect zimbra with outlook,and i can't do it,i think the problem could be the configuration of zimbra server,can anybody help me,please?thanks!!
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

zimbra with outlook

Post by 14319KevinH »

Who installed your Zimbra server? Did you try to contact them?
630virginia

zimbra with outlook

Post by 630virginia »

i'm the administratator of zimbra server,i´m trying to see an account of zimbra with outlook using imap,i have the server in one virtual machine and another virtual machine with windows and of course outlook, and i try to see the zimbra account in the last one.

i also try to connect a zimbra account with evolution and i have the same problem, i think the problem is in the configuration of the server but i can't find it
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

zimbra with outlook

Post by marcmac »

Can you connect to the server at all from the other VM? Via web, etc?
Are you connecting cleartext IMAP or SSL? Did you search the forums?
630virginia

zimbra with outlook

Post by 630virginia »

i have web access to the administration console and to the accounts from the host of the VM.i try with pop3 but the result is the same!!
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

zimbra with outlook

Post by marcmac »

Pop with ssl, or without? Are you configured for cleartext POP? HAve you tried reading the docs?
andreychek
Advanced member
Advanced member

zimbra with outlook

Post by andreychek »

[quote user="630virginia"]i have web access to the administration console and to the accounts from the host of the VM.i try with pop3 but the result is the same!![/QUOTE]

Zimbra, by default, only uses the "Secure" versions of IMAP and POP, not the standard plain-text ones that Outlook and Evolution default to using.
In your Outlook settings, simply enable the option to use the SSL/Secure port (which would be port 995 for POP, 993 for IMAP).
Alternatively, you could always go into the Zimbra Admin console, and enable the plain text authentication for POP and IMAP, but that's not really desirable.
Have a good one,

-Eric