Outlook Connector Installation Error

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
graefen

Post by graefen »

I'm trying to install the Outlook Connector (WinXP SP2, Outlook 2003), but when it tries to install, it just gives me the error "The installer cannot install on Exchange Server"! I don't know what it's talking about, because I've never used an Exchange Server or installed anything related to an Exchange Server. I had tried recently to install an open source .net 2.0 component called Remote Calendars (I have uninstalled it and rebooted, though), and I also have Google Desktop 2 installed, which has an Outlook component, so perhaps it might be one of those causing the error?
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

Which version of the connector do you have? You can get to the version number in the control panel:
Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Click on "ZCS Connector for Outlook" -> Click on "Click here for support information".
graefen

Post by graefen »

I can't look at the version that way because it won't install. It gives me the error when it first tries to install, so nothing is installed. The sequence at the end of the MSI filename is '3.0.1_M1_158_3.0.775', if that helps.
Also, since I made the first post, I've both repaired my Office installation and reinstalled Office (not an uninstall/reinstall, but with the reinstall option from the setup CD), and still it gives me the same error.
Could it be related in any way to the version of MSI or .NET components that I have installed?
(Also, for the record, I tried installing it on a co-worker's computer with WinXP SP2 and Outlook 2003 and it worked for him, so I know that the file downloaded correctly.)
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by bobby »

temporarily rename this file while you install the connector:
C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedCDOcdoex.dll
it turns out that exchange server isn't the only thing that installs that file, so in the future there will be a different check for exchange
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

The MSI version number is available if you right click on the MSI and select 'Properties'.
graefen

Post by graefen »

Cool! That worked! (the version on the MSI says, "ZCS Connector for Outlook Installer Version 3.0.775.0", but that probably doesn't matter now...)
Thanks!