Maximum mailbox size

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Maximum mailbox size

Post by 14319KevinH »

The ZDB is designed to be per host, but we've had user's move them and it work just fine. It's just not something we intended to work.
From your list shared contacts will come first. It's going to be in our next major release.
iansbrainstorm

Maximum mailbox size

Post by iansbrainstorm »

I was more getting at the fact that the OST file when using Exchange server can not just be moved and put on another PC as the profile and the profile is unique. What is the reason you can not run Zimbra and Exchange server both on the same profile at the same time?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Maximum mailbox size

Post by 14319KevinH »

The ability to not move OST files is obviously something we can't control. At this time it's possible to move ZDB's but it's not something we can guarantee forever. The reason that you can't mix Exchange and Zimbra connections in the same profile is that they each provide a transport and storage provider. A MAPI profile doesn't allow more than one.
iansbrainstorm

Maximum mailbox size

Post by iansbrainstorm »

Thanks for that Kevin.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Maximum mailbox size

Post by Klug »

A little up...
I did not see anything on this point (PST size limit) in 3.1.2 release notes.

Will it be available in 3.2 ?
Another question about this problem : I have customers with 7 GB PST files (with POP3 accounts, empty calendars but some contacts within Outlook) who are dying to switch to Zimbra (or equivalent solution) but want to keep offline storage (for road warrioring and meetings and such).
I'm trying to find out a solution to circumvent the PST size problem.

Would this work, for example ?Sync the Outlook account (from the customer laptop) to an IMAP4 server (Zimbra or other)

If it was an other server than Zimbra, import the IMAP4 account to Zimba

Install the ZCO on the laptop

Sync the ZCO to the Zimbra server (this would give a ZDB file locally)
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Maximum mailbox size

Post by 14319KevinH »

We plan to have a solution to the PST size limit in 3.2, it's not 100% confirmed it will make the release yet but it's planned.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador

Maximum mailbox size

Post by Klug »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]We plan to have a solution to the PST size limit in 3.2, it's not 100% confirmed it will make the release yet but it's planned.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kevin about this.
I won't repeat this is a major issue for a lot of people, you know it :rolleyes:
You did not answer about my suggested "workaround". Does it sound that stupid ?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Maximum mailbox size

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="8141Klug"]You did not answer about my suggested "workaround". Does it sound that stupid?[/QUOTE]
Not sure what you'd achieve. The ZDB can't get larger than 2gig. So you won't be able to sync your mailbox. If you just want to import the mail use imapsync. No reason to setup a special IMAP server just for migration.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador

Maximum mailbox size

Post by Klug »

14319KevinH wrote:The ZDB can't get larger than 2gig.
That's what I was not sure of, thanks Kevin.
Guess they just have to wait (or keep their local PST in another Outlook profile).
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Maximum mailbox size

Post by Rich Graves »

Just to be clear... is the new limit with ZCS 4.5 and above 40GB as suggested above? See Bug 5738 - outlook to store more than 2GB