Opening Shared Calendars in Outlook

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
Rubble

Post by Rubble »

Hi Sam,
Thanks for replying. I verified the registry value is set to 3. I verified the Zimbra Client extension is there, and enabled.
In a different thread you said to check the COM Add-ins, and I should see a sharing add-in, but that is not present.
Any clue?
Thanks,
-Bob
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

on older versions (pre 4.0.3) thats where you would have to look to see if the sharing add-in was available. with your version, the add-in is not supposed to be listed in outlook, but only in the registry.
if the extension is there and the add-in has load-behavior set to 3, you should be good to go. you can verify the sharing add-in is loaded by the existance of the 'Sharing' tab in the file->properties dialog.
11113jeremymaritz

Post by 11113jeremymaritz »

[quote user="15539sam"]In 4.1 you will have full delegate access (even while you are offline). We are currently working on ironing out all of the kinks with delegate calendar so 4.1 will be the first release where someone can fully manage one (or more) of your calendars on your behalf using ZCO.[/QUOTE]
So...when can we expect this? I can't have all my users opening each other's mailboxes just to look at Calendars...and if I wanted them to use calendars on a web app, I'd put 'em on Google.
I don't mean to sound too intense about this, but like a lot of other admins on this board, sharing and delegating calendars through Outlook in a much more economical fashion than Exchange was a major pitch to my CIO...and if it continues to not work for much longer we may have to explore other (far more bulky and expensive) options.
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

our 4.5 release (the next Zimbra release) has many improvements/bug fixes wrt sharing via Outlook. I don't have a ship date for this; its in the quality phase and we hope to make it available next month.