Sync sent mail between client and Zimbra

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
Han

Post by Han »

Hello,
I have just started to work with Zimbra, and I am very satisfied so far. We decided for Zimbra, because it allows us to allow our colloborators to work with either Apple and Outlook clients, according to their own preference.
I am an Outlook and Apple Mail/iCal/AddressBook power user, but have no high technical skills. So forgive me if I ask silly questions :D
My question is regarding email syncing.
For Apple, I understand that the Beta iSync tool only syncs Address Book and iCal, but not Mail. I can receive incoming mail in the Mail client by setting the Zimbra mail server in the Preferences. However, is it possible also to sync the email messages sent from the Mail client to Zimbra?
Han

Post by Han »

Guess I found a (part of) the solution for Apple Mail: IMAP instead of POP3.
The only problem is that Mail and Zimbra use different names for the Sent mailbox, and for that reason Zimbra show two Sent mailboxes: one "Sent" in the regular interface, and now a second "Sent messages" showing sent messages written in the Apple Mail. Not a very big deal, but it would be nice to have it in just one box.
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gmsmith »

From Mail.app, Select the Zimbra mailbox (I believe that is Sent Messages) and go to the Mailbox menu and go to "Use This Mailbox for"
That should resolve your issue.