Time zone issues --

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
nyamada

Time zone issues --

Post by nyamada »

I create an appointment in Zimbra for November 10th 9 am.
In Outlook, it shows up as being at 10 am.
What am I doing wrong?
Outlook timezone is (GMT -5:00 Eastern Time) with adjust for Daylight Savings Time checked off.
This happens both from a Zimbra client in Mac OS X -- Eastern / US timezone and a Zimbra Client in Win XP SP2 -- Eastern timezone, both running Firefox 1.5.7.
nyamada

Time zone issues --

Post by nyamada »

The box in outlook to adjust for Daylight Savings Time is checked.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Time zone issues --

Post by fsiegel »

You're doing nothing wrong. This was bug 10270, which I have fixed. The bug is that while we are in Daylight Saving time (which is now), and you create an appointment with a date that will be Standard time, Outlook showed the appointment one hour later.
This fix will be in 4_0_2
Frank
nyamada

Time zone issues --

Post by nyamada »

It's wonderful that you've got it integrated in 4.0.2.
Until then -- should we just assume that appointments made after the end of Daylight Savings Time will automatically correct when the new version comes out?
I assume we should leave the "Adjust for Daylight Saving Time" option checked off in Outlook, right?
TIA. I've got some anxious new users of Zimbra here with appointments well into November and December...
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Time zone issues --

Post by fsiegel »

Any appointment you create in the new version will be correct. The existing ones that are off by an hour will not correct automatically. If you were to resync, the old ones would show up correctly. I wouldn't mess with your Daylight Savings checkbox.