Locate zimbra.zdb in another directory?

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
paul123

Post by paul123 »

Just so i have this right we would need to upgrade to 4.51 then create the reg key "HKCUSoftwareimbraimbraZDBFolder" and make the value the location you want. Then make a new profile and it should then store the zdb in the specified dir.
Is this correct?
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

That is exactly correct.
paul123

Post by paul123 »

I will give this a try!
Thanks Sam
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="paul123"]I will give this a try![/QUOTE]Did you try this fix manually? Did it work?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
paul123

Post by paul123 »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Did you try this fix manually? Did it work?[/QUOTE]
Yes I did, I have been meaning to post back about it but have been busy.

I managed to get the ZDB stored in another location no worries but the roaming side of it does not work.

What I did

PC1 is a windows XP PC and PC2 is a Terminal server, both have 4.5.1 connector installed. I changed the ZDB to a central network location (H:outlookzdb) that both PC can see. I then setup a new Outlook profile on PC1 and did a initial sync, this put the ZDB in H:Outlookzdb. I then closed and logged off windows to save the roaming profile. I then logged onto PC2 and opened the new outlook profile and it just gets a microsoft error and wants to restart Outlook.
I have not had time to test this any further. I would like to test it on another PC that is not a terminal server and also enable logging to see if I can work out what is going on.
So yes you can store the ZDB in another location but you still cannot open outlook using the same outlook profile from another PC. Although I did notice a speed difference when I was opening outlook with the ZDB on a network share, it was not unusable but there was a noticeable pause when changing directories etc.