ZCO fails after upgrade to 4.5

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
awbecker

Post by awbecker »

After upgrade from 4.0.5_NE_RHEL4 to 4.5.1_NE_RHEL4 and upgrading

ZCO similarly, I get this message when trying to open Outlook.
"Microsoft Office Outlook: Unable to open your default e-mail folders."
The help message offered says:
"This error can occur if you attempt to run Outlook from a Terminal Server session when the OST file is in use by the console session. To access this instance of Outlook, exit the current Terminal Server session and start a new session by using the following Run command (click Start, then click Run):

mstsc.exe /CONSOLE

You must be an administrator on the computer that is accessing the console session. You cannot access a console session running on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server or Microsoft Windows XP Home edition. But you can from a computer running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or Microsoft Windows XP Professional.

For more information about using Outlook and Terminal Server, see Knowledge Base article 826488."
Well, that's not what's happening. I'm using it on a local workstation (albeit with a roaming profile) running Windows XP SP2.
I have tried what usually worked when there were ZCO problems in the past: delete the profile, delete the .zdb file in Local Settings, and try to start Outlook again. For good measure I also removed the zdb files from my roaming profile. In the past this would force a new profile to be created, new zdb file to be synced up, etc. This solution results in no change this time, however; I get exactly the same message.
ZCO was working properly before upgrade.
I've used DebugView and the only message it gives is:
[2492] First time patch on vtbl 0x360B4488
Anybody got any thoughts? My suspicion is that it's something weird in the new support for roaming profiles.
paul123

Post by paul123 »

I got the same error the other day as well. I cannot remember the exact process I did to fix the problem but I think I had the create another Outlook profile with a totally different name e.g instead of 'Zimbra' I called it 'username-zimbra'.
I also tried the other things you did (delete zdb etc) with no luck. Give the profile name a go and maybe even remove the ZCO connector totally and install it again. I cannot get to the PC I did this on right now but i know it was a simple fix.
Paul
1529mas

Post by 1529mas »

I also encountered that problem.
My solution was to completely deinstall Outlook Connectors and afterwards install the 4.5.0 version. When there synchronisation went through upgrade to 4.5.1.
When doing this almost everything should work well.
However I have the case that old calendar data is not displayed. When I check options I see that the data is synchronized. New added events are displayed correctly in webfrontend and Outlook.
Cheers

- Martin
azilber
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by azilber »

We bought and installed the 4.5.1 version so there's no option of using the 4.5.0 version. The outlook connector for 4.5.1 is broken. I've verified the install on a fresh install of XP and office 2003 and windows 2000pro + office 2003. Same errors.
I've opened a ticket with Zimbra. Considering this the reason we purchased the Network edition I'm pretty disappointed.
-Alex
[quote user="1529mas"]I also encountered that problem.
My solution was to completely deinstall Outlook Connectors and afterwards install the 4.5.0 version. When there synchronisation went through upgrade to 4.5.1.
When doing this almost everything should work well.
However I have the case that old calendar data is not displayed. When I check options I see that the data is synchronized. New added events are displayed correctly in webfrontend and Outlook.
Cheers

- Martin[/QUOTE]
1529mas

Post by 1529mas »

Hi Alex,
ask the support to provide you the 4.5.0 or better they should provide a bugfixed version. Unfortunately it seems that the 4.5.x versions have some problems in some environments. I found out that some installations work without any problem - others are failing completely...
Greetings

- Martin
azilber
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by azilber »

[quote user="1529mas"]Hi Alex,
ask the support to provide you the 4.5.0 or better they should provide a bugfixed version. Unfortunately it seems that the 4.5.x versions have some problems in some environments. I found out that some installations work without any problem - others are failing completely...
Greetings

- Martin[/QUOTE]
From the looks of it, it seems completely borked. A fresh install of XP and Outlook 2003. What could be more basic?
I've just emailed them asking for the 4.5.0 version. Though yeah, a bugfixed version would be good.
chh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by chh »

Hi,
if you go to the download page you should finde older versions of ZCO including 4.5.0 Download it and extract the Outlook connector.

If it does not work post your mail address or PN me and I will mail it to you, might be faster than waiting for California to wake up.
On the other hand. I just upgraded our mail server zo 4.5.1 and installed the Connector on several PCs, so at least the upgrade works.
Christian
azilber
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by azilber »

[quote user="chh"]Hi,
if you go to the download page you should finde older versions of ZCO including 4.5.0 Download it and extract the Outlook connector.

If it does not work post your mail address or PN me and I will mail it to you, might be faster than waiting for California to wake up.
On the other hand. I just upgraded our mail server zo 4.5.1 and installed the Connector on several PCs, so at least the upgrade works.
Christian[/QUOTE]
That the developers probably hurried with packaging up the latest connector and it's missing a file or dll that was included in 4.5.0.. just a hunch.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

[quote user="azilber"]A fresh install of XP and Outlook 2003. What could be more basic?[/QUOTE]

Alex, are you sure your Outlook 2003 are up to date (in other words, did you go through Windows Update and Office Update) ?
I've just upgraded from 4.5.0 to to 4.5.1_GA_657 and I'm synchronising with no problem.
azilber
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by azilber »

[quote user="8141Klug"]Alex, are you sure your Outlook 2003 are up to date (in other words, did you go through Windows Update and Office Update) ?
I've just upgraded from 4.5.0 to to 4.5.1_GA_657 and I'm synchronising with no problem.[/QUOTE]
In both cases I've tried it, Office 2003 was updated to the latest version/sp.
FYI this is the version of Outlook:
2003 (11.8118.8107) SP2
From Office SBE 2003.
We're not doing an upgrade though, but a fresh install. Perhaps that's an issue as well.