Zimbra and Thunderbird

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
4Ring_Jelly

Zimbra and Thunderbird

Post by 4Ring_Jelly »

Alright, I use thunderbird for my email, and my school jsut gave me a new email address. How do I make this new one work in thunderbird. i tryed searching but got nothing.
is it IMAP or POP? What do I put for the server name? the format is of my email address is "my.name@myschool.org"

thanks for your help!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra and Thunderbird

Post by phoenix »

Welcome to the forums.
You'll have to ask your administrator what the address of your mail server is. From you example of my.name@myschool.org the server maiht have a name of 'mail.myschool.org' but that depends on what they've named it.
As for POP or IMAP, Zimbra supports both but it will depend on whether they're enabled. Your server admin should have told you all this.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
gersh
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra and Thunderbird

Post by gersh »

Is there a process for syncing My Zimbra web calendar with the Thunderbird client's calendar?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra and Thunderbird

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="gersh"]Is there a process for syncing My Zimbra web calendar with the Thunderbird client's calendar?[/QUOTE]No, there isn't directly. I believe there's a thread in the forums about using 'lightning' or if you're an NE user then there's an entry in bugzilla that you may want to vote for.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra