Outlook Connector refuses to connect

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
ndsharp

Post by ndsharp »

On only once machine the outlook connector gives me an error saying :

[QUOTE]"Your account could not be validated against the Zimbra server. Pleases make sure you are online, and that you entered the correct information."[/QUOTE]
I am quite sure that the information is correct and that I am online. Error messages like that bother be, I need a reason for the error if I am to fix the problem.

Any ideas why it is only affecting this one machine?

Thanks.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="ndsharp"]On only once machine the outlook connector gives me an error saying :

I am quite sure that the information is correct and that I am online. Error messages like that bother be, I need a reason for the error if I am to fix the problem.

Any ideas why it is only affecting this one machine?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
hi,
assuming that everything was set up correctly in the profile (username, password, hostname, port, proxy settings, etc...), my next steps would be to turn on zco logging with http tracing enabled. the logs should tell you what is going on. the zco log control application can be found in the provider dll directory. on my machine it is at: C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMSMAPI1033. if you post the errors that you see in there or open an incident with support@zimbra.com, we can try to help you.
--tony
ndsharp

Post by ndsharp »

Thank you so much. One look at the log file and I knew it was the machines proxy setting (error 404) and it looking to the wrong DNS. Works great now.

Thanks again.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="ndsharp"]Thank you so much. One look at the log file and I knew it was the machines proxy setting (error 404) and it looking to the wrong DNS. Works great now.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
no problem. glad that you are up and running.
jonnyRo
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jonnyRo »

Thanks for the tip. I ran proxycfg from the command line, and found it pointing to an old proxy server.
Running proxycfg -d cleared out the old server.
ThorGoLucky
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by ThorGoLucky »

A follow-up solution to the error occurring with Windows 7 64-bit and Zimbra 7.0. Enabling logging from C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMSMAPI1033COLogCtl.exe caused it to start working inexplicably. It's disconcerting how touchy the Outlook Connector is.
gurubert

Post by gurubert »

[quote user="ThorGoLucky"]A follow-up solution to the error occurring with Windows 7 64-bit and Zimbra 7.0. Enabling logging from C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMSMAPI1033COLogCtl.exe caused it to start working inexplicably. It's disconcerting how touchy the Outlook Connector is.[/QUOTE]
There is a bug report avilable at https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=57819
jeremy2020

Post by jeremy2020 »

I also wanted to report that enabling logging resolved the error for me.
reube508n

Post by reube508n »

can anyone guide to which site i can download the outlook connect for zimbra that would work on windows xp/7 workstations?
thx!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="reube508n"]can anyone guide to which site i can download the outlook connect for zimbra that would work on windows xp/7 workstations?[/QUOTE]If you are connecting to a ZCS Network Edition server (it isn't available for the OSS version of Zimbra) then you should ask your mail administrator for the download link.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra