Runaway Task Duplication In Outlook

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
mdpolaris

Post by mdpolaris »

Server: Version 4.5.5_GA_838.RHEL4_64 May 11, 2007
I have a user that somehow managed to create some replicating tasks that have gone completely nuts. I don't know if it was a bug in the ZCS connector or what, but her 5 or so tasks have exploded into over 800,000. Of course she waited until outlook no longer worked to mention anything about the tasks, so now I can't use outlook to select and delete these tasks. Outlook basically dies trying to select that many tasks. As far as I know that there is no web interface to the tasks as well to delete them from so I don't know what I can do to get rid of them. I can only think of a few possibilities, 1) Get into the backend database and drop the tasks with a manual query, of course that sounds like a recipe for disaster. 2) Export all the users email to a PST file, delete the account from the server, recreate the account and import the mail. Of course that leaves room for the possibility of data loss as well. Anyone ever see anything like this before? Thanks.

Mike
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Tasks sync isn't invoked (to my knowledge) until 5.0.

So, I doubt it's a problem with the connector (ZCO team, step in if I'm wrong).
If the connector has been working, then deleting the profile should solve the problem. . .although her tasks will be lost.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

EDIT-

Just been informed by our ZCO team that this is indeed a bug.

We had a support case about this as well today.
For right now, our developers are working hard on this issue.
Keep outlook closed, and once we have a workaround, we'll let you know.
Thanks

john
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by bobby »

FYI This has been filed as Bug 18484 - "ZCO: sync duplicates tasks"
tclauson

Post by tclauson »

We have a user who has a very similar problem right now. This user has many thousands of emails stored (1.6+ gb of email at last check). It seems that the default time for the connector to sync is about 60 seconds. I may be way off base but is it possible that it is taking longer than this for the mail to sync and therefore restarting even before the previous cycle has completed? We have a number of other users that are using the connector with Outlook 2003 and having no problem.

Uninstalling the connector allowed outlook to run normally on a different profile.