Outlook crash, kindof - best way to fix?

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
jonnyRo
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jonnyRo »

We followed the instructions here:
EnableSharingAddin - ZimbraWiki
It works, but then when the user closes and reopens outlook, the key is reset.
It appears the act of closing outlook disables the add-in.
Support did mention that my problem may be related to Bug 18408 but unlike their test case, the crash occurs on all e-mail addresses, including simple ones like user@domain.com.
jonnyRo
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jonnyRo »

Problem resolved using Registry change and the info in this post.
* Close outlook.

* Open a command prompt and navigate to the %appdata%microsoftoutlook folder. Delete the outcmd.dat file.

* Restore the LoadBehavior registry key to 3 and run outlook.
warbirdcharles

Post by warbirdcharles »

(since I was trying to follow this thread to fix this problem and getting nowhere)
In Outlook 2003:
Help -> About Microsoft Office -> Disabled Items
Re-enable the disabled Zimbra add-on there (no registry editing)
rwjblue

Post by rwjblue »

We are getting the same error with multiple users. It seems to happen on sync every time.
All using:
Office 2003 SP3

Zimbra Version 4.5.0_GA_612.RHEL4 Jan 15, 2007

iPhone Firmware 1.1.1

iTunes Version 7.4.3.1
Could this be the cause: "iTunes: Syncing iPhone or iPod touch with MS Outlook requires Unicode .PST file"]
RobertJ">http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306635?
RobertJ
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

One cause of this could be a problem with the path (thanks to Henry G. for figuring this out). In version 4.5.x, we store multiple copies of our dlls, depending on the language. Perhaps your path is pointing to a directory that has SharingAddin.dll, but you are trying to run a different SharingAddin.dll. Then we would pick up the wrong instance.
We have filed a bug -- 21274.
griffon

Post by griffon »

So is there a fix for this?
I eneded up having to disable the users zimbra outlook addon module (and I"m not clear what other impact that will have) to make the erorr go away. Renableing returns the error.

Deleting the outcmd.dat didn't help (registerty was allready set to 3)
It would be nice to see a valid 1, 2 ,3 kind of fix statment the bug reports are pretty useless from how to fix things stnand point.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

This did just get fixed, but I'm not sure when it will be released. This may or may not be the cause of your problem.
For your problem, do you have multiple instances of SharingAddin.dll on your machine, and if so, is your path variable pointing to a wrong directory? If this is true, you can fix this by changing your path variable to point to the desired location.
illc0mm

Post by illc0mm »

Just to add to the list, we are having the same problems here. Searched for multiple SharingAddin.dll's, found only one... Deleted and re-installed the Zimbra Connector and have the same problems. Did the whole bit with checking for the add-in being disabled, deleting .dat, registry, etc.. even removed the iTunes and google desktop plugins. No dice...
FloHoCH

Post by FloHoCH »

I have the message "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" with content "Expression: g_pAddinInstance" everytime, when i click the "send-Button" in Outlook.
I have the 4.5.11-Connector installed (Outlook 2003).
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOfficeOutlookAddinsSharingAddin.AddinLoadBehavior is set to "3".
I have not installed any Apple-Software (like iTunes or QuickTime).
If I press "Ignorieren" in the Error-Message, then the email goes out.
mattvogt

Post by mattvogt »

This is still an issue for us on one PC. Running ZCS 5.0.3. Outlook 2007 on Vista. Latest version of iTunes.
The "fix" here (EnableSharingAddin) didn't work for us. The LoadBehavior was set to "3" in the registry and the addin was loading fine.
One thing I did notice, Outlook is not shutting down anytime we close it (this is only happening on one PC), either by File --> Exit or the Close button. The process hangs on until we force it via task manager.
Anyone able to fix this yet? I've tried everything I can think of short of re-imaging the PC. We have other PCs with the exact same setup without this issue. I'm a bit anxious as this is happening on a high on the food chain guy's laptop.