Domain migration causes Outlook to choke

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
vandehey
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by vandehey »

Hello, we migrated user and computer accounts from one domain to another. User profiles were migrated as well, so when new users log in, they get their old desktop, documents, etc. We had no problems with this, but we did have an issue with the Zimbra Outlook Connector.
In short, after the migration, launching Outlook (2003 on WinXP) causes the application to crash. No verbose logs, just the XP window notifying of the crash. Bummer. The fix is to delete the current mail profile, re-run the Zimbra outlook connector, and set this up again. This is a bummer doing this for all the users. Does anyone have another 'fix' or suggestion for this, so we don't have to delete and re-setup the connector?
Thanks!
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Hi Vandehey,

I'm sorry you're having trouble.
May I ask if these users have quicktime/iTunes installed? There is a known issue where iTunes can cause Outlook to crash.
If not, then I might suggest you can download ZCO 4.5.7 from our 'Pre-Release Download' section of the Zimbra Support Portal.
However, we should be releasing 4.5.7 any time now.
Best,

john
vandehey
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by vandehey »

Thanks for the reply John. Yes, they have quicktime/iTunes installed. Everything was running fine before the domain migration. We had no issues. QT/iTunes was not installed/changed during the domain migration. When we re-install, we are using ZCO 4.5.5 (which works). BUT, I would rather not re-install this at all. I can't figure out why Outlook crashes after the Windows profile migrated.
Thanks
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

I 100% understand that it may appear to be a domain migration issue, but I'd really to limit down the variables.
Is it possible to uninstall iTunes to see if that fixes the issue?
john
vandehey
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by vandehey »

Hello, un-installing iTunes did not help. My work around has been to go to the 'mail' control panel, and creating a new mail profile. From there, I have re-created a new zimbra profile.
jonnyRo
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jonnyRo »

I am also experiencing the same problem when taking a user profile into an active directory domain.
The only fix thus far has been to create a new mail profile and start from scratch.
jonnyRo
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jonnyRo »

[quote user="jholder"]I 100% understand that it may appear to be a domain migration issue, but I'd really to limit down the variables.
Is it possible to uninstall iTunes to see if that fixes the issue?
john[/QUOTE]
This has happened on every system i've done this week. Have not been recording whether or not Quicktime/ITunes is installed on these machines.
Does the zimbra outlook connector use any registry keys that are not contained within the user's profile? Could this be causing the problem?