Outlook Fax Transport

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
TomP

Outlook Fax Transport

Post by TomP »

Hey all. I am using the Zimbra Pro Edition 5 with the Outlook connector. I am working on implementing the trail version on our network.
We have a 3rd-party fax server called FaxMaker that we currently use with our Exchange 2007 server. It has complete compatibility with any SMTP/POP3 mail server, so there is no issue with making them work together.
Where I have the issues is when I try to create a new message in Outlook and I want to use a fax number instead of an SMTP email address.
First I find that the "Select Names" Window that comes up when I click the "To" button on the new message only shows the SMTP E-mail type. So I cannot select fax numbers from my Contact folder.
If I try and specify it by hand by using the [FAX:XXX-XXX-XXXX] method, I get a bounce message with the following:

Error: This message could not be sent.
Subject: test fax subject
To: 407-555-1234

Note: Soap Fault. Please recreate and resend the message. Details below:
Error Code: mail.SEND_ABORTED_ADDRESS_FAILURE
Error Text: Invalid address:

http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">

soap:Sender

Invalid address: <"'407-555-1234'">

mail.SEND_ABORTED_ADDRESS_FAILURE

btpool0-13:1207666563756:f61a579cf34b7e5a
t="STR" n="invalid"><"'407-555-1234'">

I fully understand how to setup the server so I can make it work by using 407-555-1234@fax as the email address, but this doesn't help with people who have fax numbers in their contact folders and we also have 3rd-party apps that use Outlook to send faxes that rely on having a transport provider for the "FAX" email type.
Does anyone know how to make this work? If I can't make this work, we will have to continue using Exchange and I'd like to avoid that if I can.
balocco

Outlook Fax Transport

Post by balocco »

We have the same problem with a modem-fax connected to a server with Windows 2003. When I send a fax message using Outlook (and Zimbra Outlook Connector, of course...) I got a soap error (bad address), even if sometimes the fax is correctly sent by the fax server.
Can anybody help us, please?
Bye bye