Inaccurate Data in folders?

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
Popasmurf

Post by Popasmurf »

I have seen, on more than 1 occasion where folders are not properly synced. I have 1 folder in particular that in Outlook shows 473 items, but in Zimbra there are 477 items. In another folder Outlook shows 342 items, but Zimbra shows 348. The missing messages are intermixed and not in 1 location. Any way to re-sync or fix this?
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="Popasmurf"]I have seen, on more than 1 occasion where folders are not properly synced. I have 1 folder in particular that in Outlook shows 473 items, but in Zimbra there are 477 items. In another folder Outlook shows 342 items, but Zimbra shows 348. The missing messages are intermixed and not in 1 location. Any way to re-sync or fix this?[/QUOTE]
the differences that you see could be due to syncing problems between the zimbra server and outlook. if you look in your Sync IssuesLocal Failures and Server Failures folders...there could be entries in there that outline the objects that failed to sync causing the number of messages in each folder to be inconsistent.
the only way to fix this is to create a new profile and re-initial sync your account. this is not a guaranteed fix though. if we had problems syncing some objects in the first place, you could experience the same problems again.
if you encounter local/server failures, then feel free to file bugs or open support cases. we'll fix them as we come across them.
--Tony