'Local Failure Notice' messages

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
krbaker

Post by krbaker »

Note that the tz id="" seems to have lost the invalid char in that post, but it was as the error message says 0x4
krbaker

Post by krbaker »

Seeing these more and more.
Now I've seen one on a calendar update which just seemed to corrupt the content type field!?!
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 130, Column 55:GIF89a?GIF89aA<html><body></body></html>soap:Senderparse">http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope ... enderparse error: Error on line 130 of document : An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x10) was found in the element content of the document. Nested exception: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x10) was found in the element content of the document.service.PARSE_ERRORbtpool0-6264:1257190678054:e174b3d8bd546d69

------------------------------------------------------^
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

We hear of things like this extremely infrequently, and generally have a hard time reproducing. If you know where this meeting came from, or have any idea of anything special about, please let us know. That would help our repro cases.
There is a bug on this (bug 32967) that is slated for 6.0.3, our next release. We will also put the fix in 5.0.21. We'll have to see if we can still repro, and the fix will probably just be to get rid of the bad character. But info on how to repro (even the MIME message) will help.
Evn

Post by Evn »

[quote user="fsiegel"]Generally, these local failures occur with recurring appointments that have data in them that Outlook cannot handle. Sometimes this can happen from bad migrations, messages from other clients that support features that Outlook does not, previous bugs, etc. An example would be something like this:
A recurring meeting that recurs every Thursday with an update to a recurrence. The update refers to a recurrence on a Wednesday.
Outlook cannot process this, so we give a local failure. We don't want to sync this to Outlook, because if you then modify things, you'll get even more out of sync. We used to sync it, and we found there were more problems.
These errors always go in the Sync Issues -> Local Failures folder (this is an Outlook thing). However, customers complained that they weren't seeing these errors, so we also put them in the Inbox. In 5.0.12, I added some UI so you don't need to use the registry key if you dont' want to see them in the Inbox. Just do View->Errors to Inbox, and uncheck it.[/QUOTE]
I know I'm resurrecting a pretty old thread here, but I have a user who is experiencing the exact issue you've described. I turned off Errors to their Inbox, but this doesn't seem like the most elegant solution. The issue is exactly what you described- a recurring meeting with a single recurrence on a different day. Instead of syncing this meeting into Outlook, the user gets an error message, including XML of the meeting. However, they were receiving this error message every single time they synced- consistently every minute, sometimes multiple times per minute. Now that I've turned off Errors to Inbox, that doesn't actually make the error go away, it just means the user isn't seeing it. This isn't really what we want. Is there a way to simple tell Outlook to stop trying to sync this meeting? Is this going to cause issues down the road (because presumably this meeting, and its error, won't ever go away- it'll just languish on the calendar for a few years)?
jrmacarthur

Post by jrmacarthur »

Just dropping a note here to report that we are also having this occur at our organization. We just upgraded from 7.2 to 8.0.2 and a few of our Outlook users have been getting this error.
helpdeskBelga

Post by helpdeskBelga »

We are having several users with delta sync errors after the upgrade to 8.0.3.

Turning off the message is not an option.

Changing the sync token to an older version sometimes help.

Someone any idea?
GreenGumby
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by GreenGumby »

I'm in the same boat with many users reporting sync errors after upgrading to 8.0.3. Haven't done a thorough investigation yet. I have attempted deleting their outlook profile and resyncing their entire mailbox but this didn't fix the issue in that instance.
Qwello

Post by Qwello »

[quote user="GreenGumby"]I'm in the same boat with many users reporting sync errors after upgrading to 8.0.3. Haven't done a thorough investigation yet. I have attempted deleting their outlook profile and resyncing their entire mailbox but this didn't fix the issue in that instance.[/QUOTE]
I'm having the same problem here trying connect Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010...
Any idea on how to solve this issue?? I'm using 8.0.3.780 connector with 8.0.3_GA_5664 server.
helpdeskBelga

Post by helpdeskBelga »

[quote user="Qwello"]I'm having the same problem here trying connect Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010...
Any idea on how to solve this issue?? I'm using 8.0.3.780 connector with 8.0.3_GA_5664 server.[/QUOTE]

Update to 8.0.4 should be available and the included outlook connector will fix your problem. At least it did in my case.
GreenGumby
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by GreenGumby »

[quote user="helpdeskBelga"]Update to 8.0.4 should be available and the included outlook connector will fix your problem. At least it did in my case.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Support sent through the 8.0.4 connector for me and fixed all the sync errors i've been having.