Multiple Accounts Using Outlook connector

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
JC-Sol1

Post by JC-Sol1 »

Hi Guys/Gals,
I work for a company that is a reseller of Zimbra, but as I understood you cant create 2 zimbra mailboxes in outlook with the connector. My issue is one company we do I.T for everyone needs to have there personal mailbox and an accounts mailbox as well.
Is there a way to set this up? im in quite a pickle here as this is urgent.
9432henry
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 9432henry »

Share accounts mailbox for all.

Then mount it via File->Other User's Mailbox.
crankshaft25

Post by crankshaft25 »

I've just finished opening another user's mailbox but is there a way in outlook 2007 to send email as that other user?
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

You can accept meetings on behalf of the other user if you are in that users inbox or calendar, and you have delegate access.
If you're in your own store, and you just want to send mail on behalf of another user in Outlook, then when you create a new mail, you can do Options->Show From, and type anything you want in there. Some people consider this a security hole, but there's really a trail -- it would say user1 on behalf of user2.
If you want to send as somebody else (as opposed to send on behalf of), you can create a persona in Outlook (Tools->Options->Personas). You need proper server permissions for that.
JC-Sol1

Post by JC-Sol1 »

Hi, thanks for all the help guys, the problem was actually one that fsiegle helped my boss with, it was that the outlook /zimbra options were not showing up in the menu, this was using outlook 2007 and ZOC 6.0..
The way we resolved it is by unregistering the .dll files and reregistering them again. And then of course opening the shared mailbox.
pbanman

Post by pbanman »

Is there a way to share an entire mailbox without first having to set up the zimbra account on Outlook?
SiliconJunkie
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by SiliconJunkie »

[quote user="9432henry"]Share accounts mailbox for all.

Then mount it via File->Other User's Mailbox.[/QUOTE]
Can you provide some specific details on how to do this, please?
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. You don't have to do anything in Outlook -- everything can be done in the web client. If userA shares with userB, then userB accepts the share and he can view whatever was shared. But in the web client, you have to share folders invidually. In Outlook, you can share the whole store.
If you want to do this in Outlook, userB has to have an account. Then he would do FIle->Open Other User's Mailbox, and he would get all the folders that were shared. Note that in Outlook, you should hit the Folder List button at the bottom left so your view would show all the shared folders.
If this is not what you are looking for, please be more specific about exactly what you need to do.
innercy

Post by innercy »

Dear all,
It's been now a while i'm trying to work with multi-account in outlook with ZCS-NE06.0.1.

If use Personas is an option, and you correctly activate it in the freatures tab and enter the address in the preferences of the user account in the admin console, working with multi-identities and persona, using the webmail or Zimbra Desktop is amazing .
However, Outlook is still well implemented in (too) many company.
i'm wondering how to perfectly setup in Outlook. I still have many question without answer:
- how to automaticaly use one of this identy as default when i reply to message received in one full delegated mailbox ?
- how to not have to activate the field From, and clicking on it, to go to the global address book to find the same user with address entered in the authorised address for the "sending mail" section in the preferences tab of the account settings in the admin console. Otherwise it appear just the email address andnot the Name in the Sender field ( a bit more nice than just the email address )
- and have the option to select a folder to store all sent from a persona.
If you have the solution ...

Please let me know ... I'm searching and still searching ..