ZCO and Outlook 2010 Beta Problem

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
akertis

Post by akertis »

I tested the ZCO 5.0.18 in my case with outlook 2010 and it didn't work very well. This test machine didn't have ZCO prior to installing office 2010 and after installing office 2010 I tried to install the connector and it completed but failed installing the profile. I tried to add a zimbra email account through outlook 2010 and it failed saying "this information service is not installed on your computer". I also tried to go to control panel/mail and add it and got the same error message.

I'm not sure if anyone else has been testing this connector with outlook 2010. Obviously this only a beta but I think its pretty important to us to have the connector working for when outlook 2010 gets released.
Has anyone else seen this or tested outlook 2010 yet?
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

We are aware of this, and we have a bug (enhancement) for it -- bug 41037, slated for a version of 6.0. We have just downloaded the beta, and will begin to play with this in the next day or two.
We know there will be significant amounts of code we will have to write. The Exchange Client extension is going away, and I'm sure there will be lots of issues, UI and otherwise.
BTW, what does your Mapisvc.inf file look like (in Program FilesCommon FilesSystemMSMAPI1033 [assumiong 1033 is your locale id]? You might have to add our services in there if the install didn't go well.
akertis

Post by akertis »

I have that directory but I don't have the Mapisvc.inf file in that directory. Is that installed by the outlook connector installer?
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

The ZCO installer puts it there, I believe. It' s also elsewhere on the box. We had one user download 2010, and preliminary tests showed that our connector came up and was basically working.
I believe that was an upgrade situation. Did you have another version of Outlook on there before, or was this a clean install of 2010? Also, another difference was you said that you didn't have ZCO on there before, and we did.
akertis

Post by akertis »

This was a fresh install because I was going from 2007 Standard -> 2010 Professional Plus I had to un-install Office 07 before installing 10. Also, the connector wasn't installed previously.
gamescan

Post by gamescan »

[quote user="fsiegel"]The ZCO installer puts it there, I believe. It' s also elsewhere on the box. We had one user download 2010, and preliminary tests showed that our connector came up and was basically working.
I believe that was an upgrade situation. Did you have another version of Outlook on there before, or was this a clean install of 2010? Also, another difference was you said that you didn't have ZCO on there before, and we did.[/QUOTE]
I am also using Office 2010.
On computer #1 (32-bit Windows 7) I had Office 2k7 up and running with ZCS. I was ableto upgrade to Office 2010 and Outlook 2010 worked flawlessly.
On computer #2 I did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2010 beta directly. On this install ZCS appeared to install correctly but I kept getting the dreaded "this information service is not installed on your computer" error.
Hope this helps.
gamescan

Post by gamescan »

Update.
After uninstalling the 64-bit Office 2010 and installing the 32-bit Office 2010 (still running on Windows 7 64-bit) ZCS now works perfectly.
calciphus

Post by calciphus »

Another 2010 Beta user here.
I've been happily running the ZCO on my upgraded 32-bit Outlook. It was working great (better than it did on 2007, actually) until today. Upon opening Outlook, I was unable to send or receive. I got an error saying "Not implemented." whenever I try to send and receive.
Going to the Account Information tab (File > Info) gives two red boxes. The first says "Upgrade in Progress", informing me that my mailbox is being optimized. The second says "Upgrade Outlook Connector"
See the attached image.
account_fail.png
Popasmurf

Post by Popasmurf »

I just started using 2010. I was NOT able to get it to work with the 64bit version of 2010, but was able to get it to work with the 32 bit version. I also noticed I can't add other's calendars/mail. Single user mail/calandar/contacts does seem to work fine though.
calciphus

Post by calciphus »

[quote user="Popasmurf"]I also noticed I can't add other's calendars/mail. Single user mail/calandar/contacts does seem to work fine though.[/QUOTE]
Try adding the other person's calendar through the Zimbra web interface. It should show up in your outlook after that.