Installing Outlook Connector

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

I am presently running Outlook 2007, which is connected to Exchange and another external email account different *.PST files.
I do consulting for another company and they are using ZCS and have asked me to install the Zimbra Outlook Connector, so as I can sync emails between my laptop and desktops.
I have read the documentation regarding the connector, but it doesnt say if their is any conflict with existing accounts.
Now I know when you install Zimbra, it will create new files and will do the initial sync, BUT what it doesnt say is, will I lose access to my other mail settings.
Any help would be great
Cheers .....
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

No -- you can have Exchange and ZCO profiles in Outlook. You should be fine.
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

[quote user="fsiegel"]No -- you can have Exchange and ZCO profiles in Outlook. You should be fine.[/QUOTE]
Okay thank you for the reply.
However, when I installed the outlook connector, I lost all my other profiles that were in Outlook.
In other words all that was there was the Zimbra Account, everything else was missing.
So is this the default setting for Zimbra IF other profiles are present and then you have to re-add all your account data again.
I also noticed that when you uninstall Zimbra, Outlook fails to run due to missing DLL files and you have to completely reinstall Outlook again.
Cheers ....
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

AFAIK it's not supposed to do that. You're profiles are still there, but it probably wiped out the registry entries. Did you have some kind of error somewhere in the install? Also, what version of ZCO are you trying to install? Perhaps it's a very old version?
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

[quote user="fsiegel"]AFAIK it's not supposed to do that. You're profiles are still there, but it probably wiped out the registry entries. Did you have some kind of error somewhere in the install? Also, what version of ZCO are you trying to install? Perhaps it's a very old version?[/QUOTE]
There was no error during the install, ZCO worked as advertised, meaning setup was smooth, and ZCO automatically connected and synced with the Zimbra Server.
I was given this version by the Administrator to install, ZimbraOlkConnector-5.0.10_GA_2638_5.0.2767.10
Cheers ....
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

I don't know what your server is, but version 5 is about 5 years old. We're getting close to version 8 right now. I don't even think 5 is supported anymore. You've got to find a way to upgrade.
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

[quote user="fsiegel"]I don't know what your server is, but version 5 is about 5 years old. We're getting close to version 8 right now. I don't even think 5 is supported anymore. You've got to find a way to upgrade.[/QUOTE]
Hi,
You are not being very helpful here.
I listed the version of ZCO I was given, but you never told me WHICH version of OLK I should be using or where its possible to download from.
Thank You.
GreenGumby
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by GreenGumby »

Version 7.2.1 is the current version. It is not in a public available spot to download, you need to get it from your email administrator.
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

[quote user="GreenGumby"]Version 7.2.1 is the current version. It is not in a public available spot to download, you need to get it from your email administrator.[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much for your response, just the information I required.
Can you also tell me if OLK 7.2.1 is compatible with all versions of ZSC, in other words backward compatible.
Cheers ...
GreenGumby
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by GreenGumby »

Also just to add I haven't been using Zimbra all that long, however I haven't had it wipe other profiles when setting up a seperate zimbra profile. I've done approx 100 installs this way.