Installing Outlook Connector

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

[quote user="GreenGumby"]Also just to add I haven't been using Zimbra all that long, however I haven't had it wipe other profiles when setting up a seperate zimbra profile. I've done approx 100 installs this way.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the information on this.
At present I have the following in my present outlook on my laptop:
1: Exchange Profile (my company one)

2: Private Profile for external accounts

3: 3 other PST files with previous years data. ( I only keep present year and other relevant data in my main Exchange Profile all other data is moved to my other 3 PST.
As I have indicated above, had no problems with setting up with the OLK given to me, as this actually come from the Mail Administrator of the other company(another story).
When I started Outlook after the OLK install, I had no problems at all, added all the information required and Outlook opened with ONLY the Zimbra Profile present.
It could be that the OLK I was given, didnt check for other profiles I dont know, nor did the other mail administrator, hence why I am here asking ....
Again thank you for your response.
Cheers ...
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

I have just established with the Administrator, that the version of ZCS they are using is Release 5.0.10_GA_2638.RHEL5_20081003025449 RHEL5 Network Edition.
So will the latest OLK connector 7.1.* be compatible with this ZSC or do they need to upgrade to the latest RHEL5 version.
Cheers ....
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Deyeno"]So will the latest OLK connector 7.1.* be compatible with this ZSC or do they need to upgrade to the latest RHEL5 version.[/QUOTE]The most recent edition of Zimbra is 7.2, they would be better upgrading to that.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]The most recent edition of Zimbra is 7.2, they would be better upgrading to that.[/QUOTE]
Thanks I meant 7.2.*, but will that version be compatible with the ZCS server version I have mentioned, and or should that server version also need to be updated ?

Cheers ....
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Deyeno"]Thanks I meant 7.2.*, but will that version be compatible with the ZCS server version I have mentioned, and or should that server version also need to be updated ?.[/QUOTE]I meant upgrade the server.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Deyeno

Post by Deyeno »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]I meant upgrade the server.[/QUOTE]
Bill,
Thanks, will inform the Administrator they should upgrade.
Appreciate all the help so far.
Cheers ....
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

As far as ZCO (Zimbra Outlook Connector) is concerned, you can run earlier versions of ZCO with later versions of the server, but not vice versa. There is no way ZCO 7.2.1 would work with a version 5 server. I'm sure the reason for your earlier issues with wiping out your Outlook profiles had to do with the very old versions. If you had a backup of your registry, you could recover the profiles, since I'm the files themselves are still on your computer. It's just the registry entries that got deleted.