Installing ZCO via Group Policy

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
bboyeratcp

Installing ZCO via Group Policy

Post by bboyeratcp »

Is it possible to update the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO) via Group Policy? I want to update our workstations, which are mostly running ZCO 8.0.x, to most recent version of 8.6.
Most staff do not have local administrator privileges to install software, so it needs to done before the user logs into the workstation.

I have tried GPOs that try to push out via Computer Configuration-> Policies --> Software Settings.
I have tried a Batch file that uses msiexec and configured to run at Computer Startup via Computer Configuration -> Policies --> Windows Settings --> Scripts.
I have tried cobbling together a Powershell script (of which I know nothing) with Start-Process to run the msi package.

I basically always get back the same error: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."
If I run just the MSI package at the Command Prompt of via File Explorer, the package opens correctly and updates the installation.
I apologize for bringing this topic up again, but I have not seen a full solution provided. I appreciate any help you can provide!
thorx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Installing ZCO via Group Policy

Post by thorx »

Did you solve this?
Do you push out settings as well, so if windows profile is gone it autoconfigures outlook with the connector ready for the user?

First thing it sounds like is like uac or something like that.