Does ZCO work with shared accounts?

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Does ZCO work with shared accounts?

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hi,

We have noticed that when using the Zimbra Connector for Outlook it loads the shared account, but it doesn't allow to send emails using the shared account. Using the web client the shared account is displayed correctly in the "Form" field. What is the correct way to add the shared account as a sender using the connector?

We have tried to add a persona on Outlook, but it duplicates the field on web client and when sending messages it doesn't save the messages on the shared accounts sent folder.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Kind regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt
ProgressiveTurf

Re: Does ZCO work with shared accounts?

Post by ProgressiveTurf »

Hi Fabio,

We have a similar setup here, and had some issues with setting it up initially. In order to do it I had to perform several steps:
1) In Zimbra console web GUI, log in or use View Mail as the account you want to share from
2) Go to Preferences, Accounts
3) Add all user accounts that will send as this account to the list of Delegate accounts, and set permissions to "Send As" when it prompts (after adding the user account)
4) In Outlook on the user's account (not the account you want to show up as being the sender, but the actual sending account) add the share account as a persona (in Options)
If I skipped any of those steps, it didn't work in our install. Your mileage may vary.

I hope that helps out!

Bill