Zimbra tab in Outlook missing, now profile won't load

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra tab in Outlook missing, now profile won't load

Postby patrickwilson82 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Hello,

On one of my users was recently upgraded to a new PC with Office 2019 with Zimbra Outlook Connector 8.8.12.1813. When she went to put up an Out of Office, we noticed that her Zimbra tab is missing from Outlook. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zimbra Outlook Connector. After that her profile would not open. I tried running scanpst on her zdb file, and tried creating a new Outlook profile. Both the old and new profiles still will not load. I tried running a system restore to before I uninstalled and reinstalled ZCO. Profile still will not load. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Office? Any suggestions?

patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Zimbra tab in Outlook missing, now profile won't load

Postby patrickwilson82 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:41 pm

Well I finally got the new Outlook profile to load, after I noticed a message in the background about the Zimbra add-in being disabled. But I'm not sure what caused the Zimbra tab to turn up missing like that. Was the add-in disabled when I reinstalled ZCO? Or did that some how happen before?
mikespo17

Postby mikespo17 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:47 pm

I have a fair bit of users that also get the Zimbra add-on message at first launch. No idea why or how to fix. I've reinstalled office & ZCO, didn't fix the issue. Now they just know to click No & deal with no Zimbra tab, or roll the dice and click Yes and see what happens...
beldar666

Postby beldar666 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem with ZCO only that happens with the versions of Office 2013 and 2016, check the add-ons but they are not disabled. of the tests that have also been carried out they do not give the solution, I only have one question. Will you be asking for administrator privileges with ZCO? Or what is required for the Zimbra tab to reappear?

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Outlook”