Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby patrickwilson82 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 pm

Can anyone tell me how to disable automatic upgrades of Zimbra Outlook Connector? My users don't have admin rights on their PC's, so I don't want them to be prompted to upgrade every time I install a new Zimbra Patch. I'd rather do that myself. Thanks.


User avatar
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:37 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby fs.schmidt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Hello,

Please start with the customizing ZCO documentation:

https://zimbra.github.io/zco-docs/latest/ZCS_Connector_For_Outlook_Admin_Guide.html#customizing

Code: Select all

Disabling Auto-Upgrade
When a user launches Outlook, by default ZCO checks Zimbra Collaboration for a newer version of ZCO. If a newer version is available, the user receives a prompt with the option to upgrade.

You can disable the auto-upgrade feature using the --disable-autoupgrade switch.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby patrickwilson82 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Thank you for the response. I found that documentation. But I'm a little unclear on it. Do I run that switch on the client? Or on the server? If it's on the Server, the Server is already in use. it sounds like that was for initial set up purposes.
User avatar
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:37 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby fs.schmidt » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:47 am

patrickwilson82 wrote:Thank you for the response. I found that documentation. But I'm a little unclear on it. Do I run that switch on the client? Or on the server? If it's on the Server, the Server is already in use. it sounds like that was for initial set up purposes.


It's in the client. The documentation allows customizing the package to enforce the option to never check for update.

Maybe looking the windows registry you can found how to change this behaviour after the package is installed without the customization. I recommend to create the customized package so you can set your server name, language, etc. It's not so complex.

Best regards.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby patrickwilson82 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Thank you again for the help. I'm starting to understand this a little more, but I don't seem to have the msi packages on this test server. They're not present in the admin console either.

Image

Is there a place where I can get a copy, or is there a command I need to run on my server to download from the repository? I just recently downloaded Patch 8. Thanks.
User avatar
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:37 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby fs.schmidt » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:31 pm

patrickwilson82 wrote:Thank you again for the help. I'm starting to understand this a little more, but I don't seem to have the msi packages on this test server. They're not present in the admin console either.

Image

Is there a place where I can get a copy, or is there a command I need to run on my server to download from the repository? I just recently downloaded Patch 8. Thanks.


The MSI files are in the /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/downloads/ directory.

Please note that you must use the UNSIGNED msi packages.

Best regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby patrickwilson82 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 pm

fs.schmidt wrote:
patrickwilson82 wrote:Thank you again for the help. I'm starting to understand this a little more, but I don't seem to have the msi packages on this test server. They're not present in the admin console either.

Image

Is there a place where I can get a copy, or is there a command I need to run on my server to download from the repository? I just recently downloaded Patch 8. Thanks.


The MSI files are in the /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/downloads/ directory.

Please note that you must use the UNSIGNED msi packages.

Best regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt


Thank you. I found the unsigned msi files, but when I attempt to run the command from the Windows command prompt inside the folder where I saved the .js file and the two unsigned .msi files, I get the following error.

https://imgur.com/a/z3UDUzz
User avatar
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:37 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby fs.schmidt » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Hello,

Try to remove the < > of the values.

Best regards.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Re: Disable automatic upgrades of Outlook Connector

Postby patrickwilson82 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:39 pm

fs.schmidt wrote:Hello,

Try to remove the < > of the values.

Best regards.


It still gives me the same error whether I put <> around the msi file name or not. If I remove all of the <> it gives me a syntax error.

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Outlook”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests