Error message 'Outlook is not installed on your system'

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
RJPerkins

Error message 'Outlook is not installed on your system'

Post by RJPerkins »

I have just upgraded from Office 2013 Professional to Office 2016 Professional, 64bits, and I have tried to install the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZimbraConnectorOLK_8.6.0.1307_x64.msi) but I get the error message 'Outlook is not installed on your system'. I had previously run the Office 2013 version of Outlook without any problem, with ZimbraConnectorOLK_7.2.3.677_x86.msi so I thought this would be straightforward. I am running Windows 10.

I had uninstalled the previous version of ZimbraConnector before installing the new one.

A previous poster (viewtopic.php?t=43604) who had encountered the same problem was asked to run the installation with output to a log file. I have done this, and I can supply the log file (except that it appears that I can't include attachments with this post....)

In any case, the line in the previous post that appeared to indicate an access error does not appear in my log file.

I have administrator rights on the computer, but I have also tried running from the command window, opened with administrator rights.

The previous poster 'solved' the problem by reinstalling Windows... I was hoping not to have to do that.