Outlook Connector message size limit

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
quelopera58

Outlook Connector message size limit

Post by quelopera58 »

Recently we migrated from Zimbra Open Source to Network edition and with Zimbra Desktop being EOLed we decided to switch to Outlook + Outlook Connector.

Our infrastructure is Ubuntu 14.04.6 x64 (we plan to upgrade it soon) and Zimbra 8.8.15_GA_3894.NETWORK and on desktop side, Windows 10 + Outlook

I have a relatively big mailbox (approx. 35 GB) with lot of folders and subfolders.
Some of the emails are big (over 50MB) and Outlook/Outlook Connector is unable to process them - it just hangs on synchronization , eventually hanging up Outlook process that needs to be killed.

I believe it is due to big emails (over 50MB) that I have in some folders. When I removed some of them the process continued, but there are clearly emails that I would like to keep - and I would like to avoid having my outlook crash in the future when I receive something big.

Is there some solution to help outlook + outlook connector tandem handle big messages?
cavj1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Outlook Connector message size limit

Post by cavj1 »

I know this is an old thread but did you try using Active Sync vs ZCO? If it is able to sync using Active Sync then that would narrow it down to ZCO. If it doesn't then it is further up the chain.