Unknown attachement 12octet file added in attachments - Only with the Zimbra Connector

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
AlexB

Unknown attachement 12octet file added in attachments - Only with the Zimbra Connector

Post by AlexB »

Hello everyone !

Some of our clients are currently having issues with Outlook 2016 & 2016 Pro plus that occur only with the ZCO. (The problem doesn't appear on POP or IMAP settings)

When they click on “reply” or “forward” in some cases an attachment of 12 octets is adding itself on Outlook. When they send an e-mail, the attachment doesn't show up for the recipient.

This attachment cannot be saved or opened. The problem was occurring only with one of our clients. But now it's occurring on another client. And we doesn't really understand why..

A Bug Lookup is currently open with this ID : ZBUG-2563

https://ibb.co/SXHdXQw here's the bug in image

Thanks a lot ! :)
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Unknown attachement 12octet file added in attachments - Only with the Zimbra Connector

Post by jholder »

No, this has to be an outlook bug.
What is the attachment size in the ZWC?

An octet is 8 bytes. So you have 12*8 bytes in that attachment. It's not large, but small.
AlexB

Re: Unknown attachement 12octet file added in attachments - Only with the Zimbra Connector

Post by AlexB »

Hello jholder,

Thanks for your help ! You are correct on the octect size, sorry for the mistake. :)

I recognize this is an outlook bug, but only with the ZC. Attachment doesn't appear on the webmail version, even in code of the mail.
When we set the mails on IMAP or POP attachment doesn't appear. And we need to use the ZC for the calendar sync.

Thanks and have a good day !
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

Hey Alex,
I think there is a bug being fixed in a release very soon.
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

Hello jholder

Thanks for the feedback ! Do you know if it will be a server release or a ZCO release ?

Thanks ! :)
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by jholder »

ZBUG-2563 was targeted for 9.0 patch 23 and we believe it is fixed.

9.0 and 8.8.15 connectors are interchangeable. ZCO build < 9.0.0.1908 should have this fixed in it. If you don't have this patch, you can download the current version (1915) here:
https://files.zimbra.com/downloads/zco/ ... 15_x64.msi
https://files.zimbra.com/downloads/zco/ ... 15_x86.msi

If you are continuing to have the issue, please open a support ticket and let us know!
cavj1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by cavj1 »

I'm not sure if this is the same issue we are seeing with ZCO and Outlook. A user sends a message with two attachments, opens the sent item, the sent item contains the attachments plus two attachments that are not really documents or attachments...they are just this "white" file with no extension or anything. If the message has three attachments then it has three of those non-file attachments.

This occurs with the current ZCO release. If I roll back to ZCO 9.0.0.1903 I don't have the problem. So it is definitely something to do with ZCO.
ZimbraEdu123

Post by ZimbraEdu123 »

cavj1 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the same issue we are seeing with ZCO and Outlook. A user sends a message with two attachments, opens the sent item, the sent item contains the attachments plus two attachments that are not really documents or attachments...they are just this "white" file with no extension or anything. If the message has three attachments then it has three of those non-file attachments.

This occurs with the current ZCO release. If I roll back to ZCO 9.0.0.1903 I don't have the problem. So it is definitely something to do with ZCO.
Echoing cavj1's post. I'm on the current ZCO release and I frequently see this same odd blank attachments issue appearing with ZCO