ZCB: Now GA

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

Zimbra Integration with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Now Generally Available » Zimbra :: Blog
CBAC

Post by CBAC »

Is there any suggestions from upgrading from beta 3/4 to GA when you have already correctly setup the BES server?
16128deepblue
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 16128deepblue »

[quote user="CBAC"]Is there any suggestions from upgrading from beta 3/4 to GA when you have already correctly setup the BES server?[/QUOTE]
I just installed te GA .msi file over the old Connector... So far, everything looks good...
Regards

Thomas
16113Chewie71
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 16113Chewie71 »

Thomas,
Did you stop all the BES processes first or just run the new ZCB msi?
Matt
16128deepblue
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 16128deepblue »

[quote user="16113Chewie71"]Thomas,
Did you stop all the BES processes first or just run the new ZCB msi?
Matt[/QUOTE]
I stopped the BES Controller. And you have to close the Blackberry Manager...
Regards

Thomas
y@w
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by y@w »

Great success! Stopped the services, installed new connector, and restarted the same as deepblue.
Like CBAC points out, the documentation doesn't mention it, but the old beta docs did explain the upgrade process.
dvngoku

Post by dvngoku »

I have a question:

Is it necessary install a zimbra proxy enviroment to install the zimbra conector for a BES?

This is because I am in the profiles creation (BlackBerryServer

and BlackBerryServer_MailStoreProfile) and when and I'm trying to create the profile but i can't, I follow the steps but in the window in creation profiles when I choose Others servers and I select ZCS and I type the name server and the account ante password for the BES admin, then I clic in "apply" and "ok" the process does not continue.
16128deepblue
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 16128deepblue »

Hi,
[quote user="dvngoku"]I have a question:

Is it necessary install a zimbra proxy enviroment to install the zimbra conector for a BES?

[/QUOTE]
No. You don't need zimbra proxy for BES. AFAIK is not even supported..
[QUOTE]

This is because I am in the profiles creation (BlackBerryServer

and BlackBerryServer_MailStoreProfile) and when and I'm trying to create the profile but i can't, I follow the steps but in the window in creation profiles when I choose Others servers and I select ZCS and I type the name server and the account ante password for the BES admin, then I clic in "apply" and "ok" the process does not continue.[/QUOTE]
Hmm.. Did you provide Port 7071 along with your zimbra Server Hostname (like zimbra.server.com:7071) and did you check the "Secure Connection" Checkbox?

Can you make sure, that the BES can "talk" to the zimbra server at the adminport (7071)? Is there a router/firewall/NAT barrier between BES and Zimbra server? Can you see the access of the BES Admin user in the zimbra logs?
Regards

Thomas
dvngoku

Post by dvngoku »

[quote]HI,

NO. YOU DON'T NEED ZIMBRA PROXY FOR BES. AFAIK IS NOT EVEN SUPPORTED..

HMM.. DID YOU PROVIDE PORT 7071 ALONG WITH YOUR ZIMBRA SERVER HOSTNAME (LIKE ZIMBRA.SERVER.COM:7071) AND DID YOU CHECK THE "SECURE CONNECTION" CHECKBOX?

CAN YOU MAKE SURE, THAT THE BES CAN "TALK" TO THE ZIMBRA SERVER AT THE ADMINPORT (7071)? IS THERE A ROUTER/FIREWALL/NAT BARRIER BETWEEN BES AND ZIMBRA SERVER? CAN YOU SEE THE ACCESS OF THE BES ADMIN USER IN THE ZIMBRA LOGS?
REGARDS

THOMAS[/QUOTE]
ALL THAT YOU ARE TELLING ME IS OK, THE PORT 7071 IS OPEN AND THERE IS NO RESTRICTIONS BETWEN THE BES AND THE ZIMBRA SERVER, MAYBE THE FAIL COUL BE THE WINDOWS 2008 SERVER???' DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT? BUT ALL IS OPEN AND I CAN'T CONTINUE WITH THE INSTALLATION PROCESS...PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IF YOU WISH I CAN SEND A ATTATCHMENT WITH A PRINT SCREEN WITH MY PROBLEM, PLEASE REALLY I NEED HELP?
problemas zimbra.pdf
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jerryboi »

I installed ZCB yesterday and the automatic profile creation (upper side of page 13 in the admin guide) did not work for me either, I had to choose 'do not create profiles' and created the two profiles manually.