Blackberry integration

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
padrino121

Blackberry integration

Post by padrino121 »

[quote user="jholder"]Heh. We'd love to share more; however, there are certain things we hold dear to our hearts.
We have a very strong commitment to our users, and to our products. Although we're becoming more popular, we won't forget our users.

You guys are the ones who made us popular!
We work for ya guys. ;)
With that said, be patient. We've always said we're gonna do it, and we are. I just can't give a date ;) If it's any indication, several of us test the bb integration on a daily basis :eek:[/QUOTE]
I'm in a similar position right now, testing the Network Edition with the iSync connector shows some good integration but every single person in our company has an 8700 or Pearl so I'm stuggling with answering the call for OTA blackberry sync for Mail, Calendar, etc. I actually deployed Funambol using IMAP with Zimbra and I've had some luck but I cannot seem to get my hands on the Funambol Zimbra connector and messages to Funambol and Zimbra both end up with a run around.
Either solution will suffice for me but I need to find one soon.
jhoelz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by jhoelz »

Is it soup yet?
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Blackberry integration

Post by 15539sam »

Almost. We've made significant progress, but aren't at the finish line yet. We've got an internal beta running now. Shooting for public beta when 5.0 releases.
brwatters
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by brwatters »

Sam,

Thanks for the update .. I want this so bad I can TASTE it .. Can you give us some more detail .. does this look and feel like an BES server as far as the Blackberry is concerned ? .. Better yet whats the time line for teh 5.0 release? .. If you folks make this work you will have a LOCK on LOTS of business for sure !

BRW
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Blackberry integration

Post by 15539sam »

Can't give out too many details just yet. I can say that the device will be talking to BES which will talk to Zimbra. As for 5.0 timing, check out the product portal at pm.zimbra.com. Stay tuned.
MattSapp

Blackberry integration

Post by MattSapp »

Is it known if this new BlackBerry integration software will work with BES Express or only the full BES?
brwatters
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by brwatters »

Zimbra,

Are you saying that in order to use a Blackberry with Zimbra that we will still be required to have yet one more piece of hardware (server) with yet more expensive Microsoft software and Blackberry BES running???

BRW
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Blackberry integration

Post by 15539sam »

The work we are doing is to enables BlackBerry Enterprise Server to work with Zimbra. You will need a BES (full or express edition).
brwatters
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by brwatters »

Sam,

Thanks for the info .. Why then would we want to purchase Zimbra? .. If we need to have a Microsoft Server 2000/2003 and then MS Exchange 2000/2003/2007 and then Blackberry BES server full or express it would seem that Zimbra would no longer be needed and of course worse yet out the door goes the fredom from closed source software as was the main attraction to ZImbra in the first place for I am sure MOST people that have purchased this software? .. Am I off base with this understanding??

BRW
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Blackberry integration

Post by gmsmith »

Unless I am missing something why would you need to purchase Exchange 2000/2003/2007? Also, you don't need additional hardware, run BES in a VM. :)