Blackberry integration

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Blackberry integration

Post by gmsmith »

For email only you would setup a Filter to forward to your carrier email, that would provide instant email for you, but for calendar and contacts you will need to connect via a wire.
Native support is in the roadmap...
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Blackberry integration

Post by 15539sam »

I have a blackberry device through cingular. On the phone I can setup an 'internet' email account. I set it up and pointed it at my zimbra server which allows me to get email on my blackberry device. For contacts and calendar which doesn't change often, Im cradle syncing.
seven5

Blackberry integration

Post by seven5 »

I'm looking at becoming a new zimbra user, and also have a few users with blackberrys. being an all mac shop, over the air sync has always been non existent. I'm personally not interested in using notifycorp for email, but would love the over the air calandering and address book sync.
Does anyone have any opinion of that? does it work well? can event invitations still work?
brwatters
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by brwatters »

Ok . its been darn close to a year now since I asked for an update to the OTA with Blackberry issue and it appears we are no closer to getting anywhere with Zimbra on this ?? the work around with Notifity just sucks .. Zimbra do you have anything in the very near future on this >?>?

BRW
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Blackberry integration

Post by jholder »

We are WAAAY closer.

Just because we're silent, doesn't mean we're dorment. :)
brwatters
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by brwatters »

Waayy Goood News !
greenrenault
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by greenrenault »

[quote user="jholder"]We are WAAAY closer.

Just because we're silent, doesn't mean we're dorment. :)[/QUOTE]
If Zimbra can deliver Blackberry sync as an integrated option then we'll definitely see more corporate customers come on board. Would love to hear about BB progress :)
brwatters
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by brwatters »

Could not agree more .. I sure hope the Comcast deal does not take away development time for the corporate users.

BRW
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Blackberry integration

Post by jholder »

Heh. We'd love to share more; however, there are certain things we hold dear to our hearts.
We have a very strong commitment to our users, and to our products. Although we're becoming more popular, we won't forget our users.

You guys are the ones who made us popular!
We work for ya guys. ;)
With that said, be patient. We've always said we're gonna do it, and we are. I just can't give a date ;) If it's any indication, several of us test the bb integration on a daily basis :eek:
brwatters
Advanced member
Advanced member

Blackberry integration

Post by brwatters »

More great news ! .. Zimbra looking for Beta Network Edition users to test ?? .. Feel free to contact me off list.

BRW